We are growing our communications team and adding a Communications Specialist in our Public Affairs group. We are looking for a candidate with impeccable judgement and discretion to act as a partner to our leadership managing media relations and crafting external communications. This is an opportunity to grow your skills with mentorship from seasoned communications professionals and eventually assist in managing crisis communications.
Develops and coordinates lines of communication within the organization among employees. Implements policies and programs to increase employee awareness and knowledge of activities affecting employees. Responsible for planning, preparation and implementation of a wide range of internal communications including newsletters, bulletins, email messages, Web site content and informational materials delivered through traditional and new media. Works to support the departments, initiatives and programs.
- Develops internal and/or external communication materials. Provides communication consultation to internal departments.
- Analyzes current business requirements and map to Web and SharePoint sites. Develops, configures and maintains site content per business requirements.
- Collaborates on employee communications planning, development and implementation of communications delivered via traditional and new technologies.
- Researches subject matter to write; edits and coordinates the production and distribution of a number of specialized and general employee communications. Responsible for overseeing content on the departmental Web and SharePoint sites.
- Plans, edits and supervises publication of marketing materials, in-house newsletters and bulletins; writes feature articles and secures necessary approvals.
- Integrates contributions with other complex projects; utilizes project management skills; meets demanding goals and deadlines.
- Ensures quality and production standards (branding, grammar, voice and style) for print and electronic communications.
- Works closely with program and service vendors, creative agency partners and internal graphic designers; supports copy writing, design and production for various communications.
- Distributes communication materials to company and other personnel using various media including emails, newsletters, promotions, presentations and articles; administers email and survey tools.
- Develops and applies tools to measure results.
- Effectively applies fundamental concepts; works on assignments of moderate scope and complexity, with limited oversight; makes recommendations for changes to procedures, and performs varied work, requiring some originality or ingenuity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related area of study, or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in communications or related experience.
- Strong computer skills and software proficiency that includes Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and SharePoint).
- Ability to handle confidential information; strong oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively at all levels; excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to plan, coordinate and complete objectives; strong customer service skills, ability to manage competing priorities.
- Experience with AP style; HR experience
- Normal office environment
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.