Do you have a strong accounting background? Are you knowledgeable about fund accounting and operations? Do you have advanced excel experience?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: As part of Transamerica’s Fund Administration group you will play an integral part of the mutual fund operations and expense team, performing oversight of a large mutual fund, ETF, and UCIT fund complex. Use your expertise to help support the business by overseeing fund expenses, fund performance, fund accounting, financial reporting, and custody functions.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to Transamerica’s Fund Administration team, while cross training and collaborating with multi-functional teams. Be a part of a team that is passionate about continuous growth and development. Help us manage risk, be critical of processes, and offer strategies for improvement.
What Success Looks Like:
- Oversee service provider Fund Administration, Fund Accounting and Custody functions and perform initial review of expense budgets and payments, general ledger activity, monthly reconciliations, and fund performance calculations.
- Oversee service provider and perform initial review of monthly and quarterly financial reporting and accounting, both internal and external in accordance with SEC regulations for annual audits in publishable formats, for funds, ETFs, and AEGON fund complex related companies. This includes, but not limited to, N-MFP, N-Q, N-1A, N-SAR, N-PORT and N-CEN.
- Support the business by overseeing services related to fund expenses, fund performance, fund accounting, financial reporting, and custody services of outside service providers. Critically review deliverables to ensure they are accurate, and provided on time.
- Develop a thorough understanding of mutual fund, ETF and UCIT budgets, proformas and other various related items.
- Be able to coordinate domestic and international vendors fund expenses with internal corporate finance team.
- Be the primary review for expenses, research variances from payments and allocations, prepare a weekly summary of fund invoices for manager’s review.
- Participate in the annual and semi-annual audit process workflow and review and recommend resolutions for auditor comments.
- Work with product teams to estimate expenses on future fund events.
- Assist in annual 15c process and regular N-PORT/N-CEN reporting.
- Develop procedures and work on automation of tasks (where necessary) with an emphasis on risk mitigation.
- Deliver open and clear communication of information regarding issues and business events across multiple facets of the organization.
- Review the processes, procedures and controls around the operational management of the Funds and assist in developing a best practice operational model.
- Prepare and/or provide initial reviews of various Board of Trustee reports.
- Review daily financial reporting, including daily NAV oversight, to management and outside agencies, including publishing on the website.
- Develop process procedures and controls for accounting operations, financial reporting and system applications.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or financial services related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Two years or more years of mutual fund experience and 1 or more years of mutual fund expense or operations experience.
- Proficient Microsoft Word and advanced Excel skills (fundamental Visual Basic skills specifically related to use of Excel macros).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Prefer knowledge of SEC financial accounting and reporting requirements.
- Prefer experience in an oversight role and knowledge of State Street and Citi systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.