The Specialized Recruiter focuses on niche and non-standard roles for an assigned area (e.g. Information Technology, Finance, Data & Innovation, or other identified group). Uses acquired expertise in a specialized field/functional area to evaluate candidate skillsets and match to the needs of the business.
- Lead, build, and execute diverse industry specific recruiting plans for an assigned technical channel.
- Drive a full life cycle “outcome based” recruiting process by coaching and assisting managers through the recruiting cycle to build strong recruitment profiles, write branded job descriptions, source, screen and present candidates to hiring managers, manage the selection and feedback process, negotiate offers, and support the onboarding process.
- Collaborate as trusted industry talent advisor with hiring teams; understand real job needs at the technical and results level, and provide information on market availability/demand information and knowledge of talent competitors and feeder pipelines.
- Partner with leaders to forecast recruiting demand needs and activate pipeline sourcing strategy with talent, industry, and associations.
- Provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate, from cold call to offer.
- Possess a mastery of leveraging various recruiting technologies (CRM, ATS, Boolean, LinkedIn and other social media tools) to market and find the best active and passive candidates.
- Support the passion for inclusion and diversity throughout the recruiting process to enhance the organization’s workplace culture that embraces individual perspectives.
- Participate in talent management projects to improve the team’s ability to provide a competitive differentiator for Transamerica.
- Build strong, productive relationships to serve as a talent consultant.
- May mentor team members.
- May participate in enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or field related to the appointed specialty area, or equivalent experience
- Five years of recruiting experience, including time in the appointed specialty area
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility
- Thorough understanding of applicant tracking systems (ATS), customer relationship management (CRM) tools, Boolean search strings, and social media outlets to find active and passive candidates
- Excellent communication skills for extensive interaction with internal/external audiences, including executive leadership
- Interpersonal skills to build strong, productive relationships with business groups, candidates, and other stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology (for assignment with IT group)
- Office environment
- Occasional travel
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.