The Lead Solutions Architect is responsible for the design, architecture and support of systems, services and applications required for the collection, storage, processing, and analysis of data to enable data-driven decisions and outcomes within the organization.
- Work collaboratively with other architects, data scientists, analytics teams, and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Architect, build and support the operation of Cloud and On-Premises enterprise data infrastructure and tools.
- Design robust, reusable and scalable data driven solutions and data pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming data.
- Lead the development of data APIs and data delivery services to support critical operational processes, analytical models, and machine learning applications.
- Recommend the selection and integration of data related tools, frameworks and applications required to expand our platform capabilities.
- Recommend and implement best practices for the management of enterprise data, including master data, reference data, metadata, data quality, and lineage.
- Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field; rapidly grasp new technologies to support the environment and contribute to project deliverables.
- May manage/coach staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, engineering, MIS, or equivalent experience
- Five years of collective experience in the application of architecture, enterprise roadmaps, analytics, cloud, IT strategies, innovation, SAFE, TOGAF and data integration concepts and methodologies
- Well versed in defining, recommending, promoting, and enforcing program and project solutions Expertise using SQL for data profiling, analysis, and extraction
- Familiarity with data science techniques and frameworks
- Three years of experience in the five following areas:
- (1) Architecting, building and administering complex architectures and technologies, and real-time streaming analytics architectures in both on premises and cloud environments
- (2) Architecting, building and administering large-scale distributed applications
- (3) Linux operations and development, including CLI, basic commands and shell scripting (Powershell, Bash)
- (4) Architecting scalable containerized applications with container orchestration framework
- (5) Execution of DevOps methodologies and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills
- Prioritization skills to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Leadership capability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Experience with data analysis and using data visualization tools to describe data
- Understanding of big data and real time streaming analytics processing architecture and ecosystems
- Experience with DataLakes and data warehousing architecture and implementation, including MPP, data streams, hands on experience with source to target mappings and developing ETL code.
- Software development experience in relevant programming languages (i.e. Spark, Java, Python, Scala, Node.js, SQL)
- Thorough Knowledge of open API Specification, REST, API designs, Security and implementation
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Office environment
- Occasional travel
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.