Lead Cloud Software Engineer
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we’re proud of the trust we’ve earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We’re also in the business of helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their years.
Job Description Summary
The Lead Cloud Software Engineer utilizes cloud and Web technologies, APIs, and third party software development frameworks to build and support application and cloud engineering solutions. Provides lead support for design and development to one or more application development teams, and leads a team of local or outsourced software engineers to build and support business application solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other development staff, including contract and offshore Software Engineers, and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Code, test, identify, implement, and document solutions to business challenges utilizing web and cloud technologies.
- Perform design and analysis for deliverables. Lead large team design sessions for system level architecture solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for a wide range of areas, applications, and technologies; mentor other team members in design/coding standards.
- Recommend solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and system impacts.
- Lead analysis and general architectural design across platforms toward the development of end-to-end solutions.
- Participate on committees or projects to help define organization-wide standards, processes, and guidelines.
- Utilize third-party software development frameworks, open-source libraries, and APIs to rapidly develop basic application solutions.
- Lead cloud and web development staff, including contract and off-shore developers; may have supervisory responsibility over employees.
- Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field and rapidly grasp new technologies to support the environment and contribute to project deliverables.
- Prepare presentations and lead development meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent education/experience
- Five years of Core Java experience
- 1-2 years of Python experience
- Experience in Linux ( Amazon Linux, Redhat), Windows Operating systems
- Proficiency in Linux shell scripting or Windows Powershell scripting
- Two plus years of experience with Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience in building cloud automation solutions
- Experience in developing quick Proof of Concepts
- Expertise in coding platforms/frameworks (e.g. JAVA, OOD, OOP, Functional Programming, Spring Framework, J2EE Development, OOP, Service Oriented Architecture, Dependency Injection, and Core Architecture)
- Understanding of NoSQL database technologies (e.g. Apache Cassandra, Amazon DynamoDB)
- One year of development experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS/Azure) utilizing various support tools (e.g. EC2, ECS, S3, Kinesis, VMs, Blob, Cosmos, Data Factory, SQL Data warehouse, ARM Templates, Event Hubs, Route53, ALB, EFS)
- Advanced understanding of public cloud Networking, security and Identity and access management concepts ( AWS VPC, Azure Virtual networks, Security groups, Transit Gateway, VPN, Route tables, AWS IAM, Azure AD)
- Experience with build and deployment tools - (Eclipse, Git/Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, SQL Management Studio, Nunit, Ajax, AWS CodeCommit)
- Three years of experience with integration and service frameworks (e.g. API Gateways, Apache Camel, Open API, Zookeeper, Kafka, messaging tools, Microservices, Consul, Istio, AWS AppMesh )
- Experience with Microservices and REST based API development (e.g. Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Entity Framework)
- Experience leveraging continuous integration/development tools (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Containers, OpenShift, Kubernetes, and container automation) in a CI/CD pipeline
- Working knowledge of developing big data applications on cloud platforms (Spark, EMR, Glue ETL, Machine Learning
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and Microsoft Teams
- Advanced understanding of software development and research tools
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Understanding of big data and real time streaming analytics processing architecture
- Understanding of data warehousing architecture and implementation, including source to target mappings and ETL.
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Understanding of cloud migration patterns
- Office environment
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Occasional travel
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.