Responsible for creating a solution architecture for development teams that follows the enterprise guidelines and best practices. Responsibilities will also include evaluating new technologies and monitoring existing processes in support of the enterprise architecture program.
- Creates the architectural solution processes for application development in the enterprise.
- Assists application teams in adopting technology or processes to align with strategic objectives.
- Assists application teams with implementation of technical solutions to business services within the enterprise architecture.
- Responsible for architecture and design reviews.
- Evaluates new products, tools, and applications that will help the division meet its goals.
- Makes recommendations on enhancements to the enterprise architecture program.
- May recommend technical standards.
- Provides training to users and technical staff on new technology and technical solutions.
- Communicate pros and cons to management of new technology trends.
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years Java development experience with previous architecture experience required.
- Experience creating detailed solutions architecture blueprints for complex, multi-tiered enterprise environments.
- Proven experience working with Cloud based architectures such as AWS.
- Experience in working with open source code and frameworks with a focus on learning emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of industry standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM or Agile/Kanban, along with a working understanding of epic, story, and task level sizing and planning activities.
- Well versed in microservices and REST based API development with Spring Boot and Camel.
- Strong understanding of DevOps methodology and Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Hands on experience with build and deployment tools such as Maven, Git and/or Jenkins.
- Knowledge of container based APIs using container frameworks such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Working understanding of security principles.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Facilitate technical decision making and represent the team direction to various stakeholders.
- Mentor others and be seen as a technical leader throughout the enterprise.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of software development, architectural frameworks and research tools.
- Is a resource to others in solving problems and works independently.
- Prepares presentations and leads development meetings.
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus.
- The ability to work within a team environment.
- Forward thinker.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Normal office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.