The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity and heart to everything that we do - and to the communities where we live and work. We believe that achieving a secure future requires both smart financial planning and a healthy lifestyle. The solutions we offer help our customers throughout their lives, whether it is saving and investing, protecting themselves and their loved ones, or preparing for an active and meaningful retirement.
As an AVP of the Transamerica Life Sales Desk, you will be responsible for leading and developing a team of outbound sales representatives that interface with key accounts via various methods, regarding an array of Life products. Implements and executes on an outbound call strategy that supports the Key Account management vision and supports Marketing and Sales efforts. Drives sales and increases producer engagement through lead generation via outbound call opportunities and web-based meetings. Develops new production sources and grows relationships to key account status. Leads, manages, monitors and enhances the quality and effectiveness of the internal sales support teams.
What Success Looks Like:
- Promote activities that offer opportunity for engagement with producers and provide marketing insights, sales programs, tools and materials by using a customer centric approach that focuses on solutions based selling.
- Support activities focused on key accounts to grow profitable sales that generate value around the Transamerica relationship.
- Support the enhancement of the consumer buying experience, and generate a competitive advantage for the Distribution team.
- Support marketing and sales efforts for life, health and supplemental products.
- Lead, direct and manage the Outbound Sales team with a focus on professional development and sales success.
- Hire qualified individuals, provide on-going coaching and conduct performance reviews.
- Monitor and provide feedback to employees on activity levels and the quality of contacts. (i.e. telephone calls, emails, meetings, webinars, etc.)
- Optimize the team’s time management through goal orientation and attention to detail.
- Assess and implement technology initiatives to enhance functionality of sales team and increase efficiency.
- Support Marketing, Training and adoption of e-business capabilities.
- Promote an environment where employees take responsibility for their performance by setting clear expectations, provide training and tools needed for job success, and hold employees accountable for results.
- Establish performance measures and service standards for the team which align to industry standards and are adaptable for a rapidly changing environment.
- Monitor calls and perform call evaluations of each team member for quality control.
- Develop and maintain metrics on telephone and lead volumes.
- Train new/established distribution relationships on how to organize and manage more effectively; contact office administrators on contracting and licensing procedures, and new business and underwriting procedures.
- Provide orientation/training on Transamerica portals, websites, and other digital solutions.
- Support, develop and grow the business across a range of products and geographies using a needs-based approach that provides lifetime consumer value and profitability.
- Achieve business objectives that support driving sales growth, producer engagement, profitability, etc.
The expertise we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of sales or financial services industry experience.
- Three years of management experience leading a team of sales team professionals.
- Thorough knowledge of business problem solving principles.
- Ability to motivate sales associates to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Technical ability to grasp and communicate new product and process related concepts.
- Client focused.
- Ability and willingness learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment and be flexible, and forward-thinking as changes occur.
- Understand how the job contributes to the goals and priorities of the organization.
- Take accountability for tasks and commitments.
- Understanding of company departments and functional areas. (preferred)
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree. (preferred)
What You Receive:
- Build a Successful Career: As an Internal Wholesaler, not only are you rewarded for your performance, but you will also have an opportunity to develop and foster the necessary skills that will enable you to continually advance in your career.
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well, a Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above average and beyond approach to our customers
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.