The RIA Compliance Manager manages the firm’s compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures for the firm’s registered investment adviser (RIA). Possesses and applies broad knowledge of industry-related practices, concepts, and principles; works independently with applicable latitude for un-reviewed action or decisions; performs complex assignments.
What you will do:
- Provide regulatory oversight, risk management, and policy implementation for all investment advisory programs.
- Manage and provide support to RIA compliance staff.
- Identify process improvements and strategies for execution to assist CCO with achieving compliance objectives. Implement department initiatives.
- Provide direction and guidance to firm personnel and field associates on investment advisory compliance issues, including fiduciary responsibility, advisory regulation, strategic relationships, and permissible activities under firm policy, SEC rules and regulations and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Maintain Form ADV Parts 1 and 2A. Prepare and under the direction of the CCO, file annual amendments and interim ADV updates.
- Maintain Policies and Procedures, Code of Ethics and overall compliance program. Identify and assess new or changing regulatory issues and market trends; develop, maintain and effectively communicate policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource to firm personnel regarding special projects and regulatory initiatives; provide guidance and analysis of rules and/or firm policies as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the investment advisory team on the initial and ongoing due diligence of advisory programs and products to ensure agreements and fees are properly disclosed and firms are providing services as described.
- Assist with regulatory examinations and ensure implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Identify risks and conflicts of interest related to the firm’s business models.
- Provide guidance to advisors in the field with respect to RIA compliance and adherence to firm’s policies and standards of conduct.
- Maintain procedures in areas such as best execution, share class analysis, wrap fee programs, due diligence, performance reporting, proxy voting and advertising.
- Manage Independent RIA activity, compliance, and recordkeeping.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, pre-law or other relevant field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Five years of investment advisory compliance experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the Advisers Act, SEC rules and regulations, and no-action letter guidance for RIAs. Broad knowledge of securities products, investment advisory programs, services, arrangements, and related regulatory requirements.
- Must have thorough understanding of fiduciary responsibilities and requirements pertaining to the disclosure of conflicts of interest.
- Experience with implementing control enhancements and operational efficiencies.
- Series 65/66, 6 and 26 (or 7 and 24) registrations required.
- Flexible Remote/Office environment.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The salary for this position generally ranges between $85,000 and $100,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for an annual bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 12.5%.
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.