Transamerica is looking for a talented, sharp and creative actuary with strong business acumen to lead the Experience Studies Review and Reporting team within the Accumulation and Retirement Function. The position leads a team of actuarial talent to provide experience analytics and assumption recommendations across the Accumulation and Retirement product lines of business. The position will have opportunities for exposure to products like variable annuities, fixed annuities and retirement planning products and functions such as Valuation, Modeling, Pricing, Product Management, Risk Management, ALM and Hedging.
- Leads the Transamerica actuarial assumption setting process and experience analytic management reporting across all Accumulation & Retirement product lines of business.
- Develops experience analytics/studies and actuarial analysis to propose recommended updates to actuarial assumptions and provide information to internal and external customers
- Leads the preparation of documentation, reports and presentations on the methodologies and rationale for recommended changes; presents these to various stakeholders to get buy in for the change
- Exercises significant judgment in setting priorities and determining necessary tasks
- Uses relevant industry data, studies and actuarial judgment to recommend assumptions where data may not be readily available
- Partners with the predictive analytics team to recommend new methodologies needed to reevaluate current actuarial assumptions and/or introduce new assumptions
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace. Recommends appropriate reactions to these developments.
- Maintains the product line or corporate process to comply with various state and federal regulations.
- Partners with product line actuarial areas, experience predictive analytics, and experience data steward to inform recommendations and enhance the robustness of the assumptions used in Accumulation & Retirement Actuarial Valuation, Modeling, Pricing, Product Management, Risk Management, ALM and Hedging.
- Leads the development of actuarial talent within the organization.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators
- Manages a team of employees.
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 8 years of relevant experience,
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 14 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent computer skills and database management skills: MS SQL Server and/or Oracle; MS Access, MS SSAS, SSRS, and/or Business Objects; Tableau, SAS, R or other business intelligence or statistical reporting/analytical tools
- Experience with Accumulation and Retirement products
- Experience managing team of 3-5 people
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies:
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.