Senior Writer/Editor – Retirement
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart, and diverse thought to
everything that we do and to the communities where we live and work.
Are you a purpose-driven, creative, product marketer whose values align with our mission to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security? Do you share our belief that achieving a secure future requires both smart financial planning and a healthy lifestyle? Are you a skilled professional with a proven ability to build trust, collaborate, consult, and partner across functional areas to create compelling stories and build engagement that deliver measurable results? If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What We Have Done: We launched a brand platform that speaks to the inherent connection between a person’s financial security (Wealth) and the impact that their overall physical and mental wellness (Health) can have on it. This insight, and mission to improve, is celebrated in our brand of Wealth + HealthSM.
What You Need to Do: This position of Senior Writer/Editor – Retirement will be responsible for concepting, writing and editing compelling and purposeful product marketing materials, sales enablement tools, case studies, social posts, email content, and multimedia scripts to generate leads, drive sales, expand awareness of the brand, and support clients. Your responsibilities span from deeply understanding how to best support our retirement business with benefit-focused messaging with an emphasis on DC and DB plans, to knowledge of the advisor and consultant markets, to successfully writing content for team assignments, to reviewing work for product and brand positioning and accuracy of Transamerica content across all channels and platforms. You will work closely with our Managing Editor, the larger creative team, and retirement channel marketing team to understand and implement value-add, content strategy, writing, and editing — down to our individual product level.
What Success Looks Like: This role requires the ability to roll up your sleeves and develop retirement marketing communications emphasizing Transamerica’s suite of products benefits and brand message as well as review and edit team members’ work. We need you to be an agent for collaboration, have deep retirement industry knowledge, advocating for and managing relational activities with a wide range of key stakeholders including sales, compliance, the broader marketing team, and related business partners.
What You Need:
• Demonstrated ability to write compelling and purposeful sales material for distribution channels focused on institutional financial markets, especially DC and DB plans, and incorporating brand positioning to set us apart in the marketplace
• Ability to assist with content strategy and financial product integration across all platforms and deliverables for consistent and aligned messaging
• Ability to work as part of a team to strategize and collaborate with internal clients and marketing partners
• Excellent ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure while meeting deadlines
• Strong product marketing, copywriting, brand tone comprehension, and proofing skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and consistency
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Communications or Journalism.
• 10+ years’ experience writing and editing high-quality, compelling product marketing and sales content for financial distribution channels
• Specific knowledge of institutional financial markets, especially qualified DC and DB plans necessary
• Knowledge of the advisor and consultant markets across target plans in small, mid, and jumbo markets required
• Proven success working within creative teams and partnering with channel product marketing groups.
• Thorough knowledge of ERISA.
• Industry licenses, designations, and certifications a plus
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive wellness package. It’s our passion to empower people to add more years to their lives and more life to their years – especially our employees. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, financial and physical wellness is a central part of everything we do!
Competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits package; pension plan, 401K match, tuition reimbursement, disability insurance, employee discounts, career training & development opportunities, Advanced Certification sponsorship.
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits: Be Well company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes wellness coaching and reward dollars, parental leave, adoption assistance, Employee Assistance Program, college coach program, back-up care program, paid time off to volunteer, employee matching gifts program, employee resource groups, inclusion and diversity programs, and employee recognition program
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.