Report to Associate Director of ORM, this role supports the execution and ongoing refinement of ORM framework through enhancing the risk and control environment, and supporting the development and monitoring of operational risk programs in order to meet regulatory and company requirements. This position is a regional role, assists the overall risk management function for TLB and its branch offices.
The key result indicators for this role are:
Risks are identified and managed so that any experienced losses are within tolerance limits by timely completing the control validation and risk reporting, including KRIs and risk dashboards, due diligence and providing thorough training and presentations.
- Support the core elements of ORM Framework, including conducting risk assessments, reviewing root cause analysis for loss events, monitoring mitigation plans, reporting timely on risk issues, and promoting a strong risk culture.
- Work closely with the three lines of defense to facilitate implementation of control measures in line with the company’s risk management and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Specific areas of focus include:
- Execute key elements of the ORM framework, such as Risk & Control Self-Assessment including control validation , reporting and follow-up;
- Support other ORM activities including, Outsourcing, BCP and Scenario Analysis;
- Support quality assurance in Information Technology Control Framework and Information Security measures through evaluation of control effectiveness;
- Supporting company projects and change management to ensure risks are identified, reported and managed;
- Provide support to assist process owners in their compliance with the risk policies and internal requirements;
- Assist with on-going monitoring of TLB’s policies and procedures to ensure they are updated to include proper operational risk mitigating controls.
- Support the Secretariat of the Risk and Capital Committee, including preparation of RCC reporting and other risk reporting;
- Support general administration and documentation for TLB Risk Function, including SharePoint and Issues log.
- Bachelor Degree, with preference of specialization in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Internal Audit or ORM.
- Knowledge in insurance operations and regulations, ORM and/or Internal Control framework; information security standard such as COSO, ISO 27001, COBIT; or SOx and Solvency II.
- Competent in MS Office applications.
- Good command of both oral and written English.
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, dedicated, hands on self-starter.
- Team player who is willing to break from the crowd when necessary.
- Knowledge in FLMI, CIA, and CISA.
- Confidence and professionalism.
- Strong ability to influence.
- Open to creative ideas and alternative solutions.
- Persistent and resilient.
- Ability to multi-task and remain detail orientated.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the application online with detailed resume stating educational background, working experience, current and expected salaries, and contact number.
Aegon Asia is part of the Aegon Group – a life insurance, pension and asset management company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands with a presence in more than 25 markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Aegon N.V. is listed on the Amsterdam and New York stock exchanges. Aegon companies employ over 29,000 employees and have millions of customers across the globe.
Asia is among the world's fastest developing regions and presents significant growth opportunities for Aegon. With the Regional Office headquartered in Hong Kong, Aegon's regional division oversees and supports operations in eight countries across Asia Pacific. A recently created regional digital team based in Singapore drives digital innovations in the region. Aegon operates through three major joint ventures in China, India, and Japan, in addition to the pan-Asian operations of Transamerica Life Bermuda and Aegon Insights.
Transamerica Life Bermuda (TLB)
Founded in 1906, Transamerica is one of the world's leading financial services companies with over 100 years of history. Transamerica Life (Bermuda) Ltd. (Transamerica Life Bermuda) was established in 2005 and its full-service branches opened in Hong Kong and Singapore in 2006.
Transamerica Life Bermuda is a leading High Net Worth insurance provider, dedicated to offering life protection to High Net Worth individuals, families and businesses across Asia and beyond. With over 80 years of heritage in Asia, we offer innovative insurance solutions that help customers protect their wealth legacies and preserve their hard-earned assets for generations to come. Our aim is to deliver exceptional service and powerful solutions that protect and perform at the highest possible level. Transamerica Life Bermuda is of the Aegon Group.
Transamerica Life Bermuda LinkedIn
Aegon Insights is the Asia Pacific-based insurance marketing and consulting arm of Aegon, one of the world's leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Aegon Insights has operations in Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan and Thailand, with its regional office in Hong Kong.
With expertise in customer journey design and distribution of protection products, Aegon Insights provides solutions for its business partners and their customers; from customer analytics insights with actionable models, integrated distribution platform solutions, innovative product design, marketing campaign and omni-channel distribution design; through to assistance with policy administration and claims management.
Aegon Insights LinkedIn
Aegon Asset Management Asia
From our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, Aegon Asset Management Asia offers investment management solutions and services from across our centres of expertise in North America, the UK, Continental Europe and Asia.
Aegon Asset Management's specialist teams provide high-quality investment solutions across asset classes, including fixed income, multi-asset, real estate, equities, absolute return, multi-manager, liability-driven, and ethical investing.
The Aegon Asset Management group is the global investment management company of Aegon and operates multiple brands.