Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the pensions and insurance industry and gain more experience within Investment Management in a major corporate within Asset/Investment Management? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately EUR 345on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia. Under the TKP Investments label, Aegon provides manager selection solutions to its clients, both on a discretionay basis, and via pooled vehicles. The manager selection team consists of 18 people, with one sub-team conducting manager research for listed securities and one for Alternatives like Private equity, Hedgefunds and Indirect Real Estate. The teams are predominantly based in Groningen, but working partly from other Aegon Asset Management locations is also possible.
We are looking to expand the team with an Investment Manager Operational Due Diligence, working alongside the teamheads for listed securities and alternatives, reporting directly into the CIO Multimanagement.
The Investment Manager ODD is responsible for understanding the operational set-up under which the external fund managers, selected by the multimanager team, are implementing their strategy and for reviewing operational risks.
The responsibilities for the role will include:
- Conduct operational due diligence on candidate funds and managers and other investment partners, including:
- Management company’s business operating model, organisation, alignment of interest and/or legal structure,
- Trading, trade processing, trade reconciliation processes, IT systems & cybersecurity, management reputation risk, perform reference checks.
- Fund valuation processes, fund administration, internal control, regulatory and compliance
- Written operational due diligence reports for presentation for the Investment Committee;
- Review external fund (and co-investment) legal documentation and tax set-up, including liaising with internal and external tax and legal departments on issues identified
- Review candidate fund’s third party service providers – prime brokers, auditors, fund’s administrator, directors
- Review funds and managers audited financial statements
- Act as a general resource for operational investment risk related information to senior management
- Contribute to independent research in relation to due diligence, the drawing of conclusions and the presentation of analysis at the appropriate forum.
- Provide accurate and appropriate management information to Senior Management.
As Investment Manager ODD, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have an excellent practical understanding and experience of operational due diligence and strong commercial awareness. You are optimistic, creative, innovative, independent and you like to challenge and to be challenged.
The candidate must have broad knowledge of fund regulatory framework and a thorough understanding of Investment processes and operational risk. Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business, Legal or Economics.
- An expert with at least 5-7 years’ experience within investment management and operational processes and risk management.
- Well organized and detail oriented; ability to execute with accuracy.
- Compliance focused with ability to follow and improve team procedures and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to formulate and support a documented thesis and form opinions
- Good communication and relationship management skills;
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral);
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.nl or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97