Exciting role in a dynamic and interesting team, every week is different! Be part of our future.
The job in a nutshell
As a Controls & MI Officer, you will work within the Controls and MI (Europe) function to ensure that a sufficiently robust control environment is in place across the European estate for the Aegon Asset Management Operations business. The emphasis in this role is not on financial controlling but on quality control. The Controls & MI Officer will support the Functional Lead(s) to ensure that control objectives are being met and are able to be evidenced; this will involve assurance, correction, protection and innovation type activities. This is an excellent opportunity for an able, high caliber candidate with potential.
As a Controls & MI Officer, you will have strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills. You will have excellent teamwork, collaboration, interpersonal, organisational and relationship management skills. You will be able to balance Business As Usual (BAU) with project work and have the ability to proactively manage your own workload and multi-task within an evolving environment and European team.
This is your future position, because you:
- Have a bachelors’ degree for example in Finance, Accounting or Economics;
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience;
- Affinity with quality control and assurace;
- Are great at multitasking;
- High standard of accuracy and excellent written English;
- Experience in data analysis, dashboards and reporting;
- Are familiar with operational risk concepts and have worked in a risk role previously;
- Have experience of audit type work (ie SOX, ISAE);
- Capable of analytical thinking with a questioning nature and proficient at making connections between information and data
Who will be your new colleagues?
The C&MI department is looking for you to join. Together we’ll make sure to minimise potential financial exposure, maintain reputation of our organisations and protect the interests of clients, shareholders and colleagues by developing and maintaining a solid, scalable and relevant First Line of Defence (FLOD) risk and control assurance framework, providing surety to executives and alignment to risk appetite and risk tolerance.
Onno and Stewart will be your colleagues. You will be working on assurance activities and dashboards together with them.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning a competitive salary
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme
Are you that person who is interested in an exciting role in a dynamic and interesting team where every week is different, do you want to be part of our future? Then make sure you apply immediately and no later than December 8th. You will hear back from us after 9th of December. Interviews will ideally be held at 17th December. Can’t wait that long, or do you have some more questions? Call 0682528238 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about our application process on our website.