Digitization and Big Data are high on Aegon's agenda. We are working on a data lake, robotics, advanced calculation models, strategic partnerships with promising start-ups, platforms and blockchain. These are also important themes within Aegon Asset Management. For our rapidly changing organization we are looking for an entrepreneurial Data Analyst who can help us set up and help implement the integral data management framework.
As a Data Analyst you are part of the Dutch branch of the European Data Management Team. You are responsible for drawing up and helping to implement the integral data management framework (including principles, standards and policy) in order to lay a foundation in the data area for Aegon's data-driven transition. As a Data Analyst you have extensive expertise to be able to cover a broad investment landscape from both operations and governance (Fixed Income, Equity, Private Placements, Illiquids, etc.).
In the position of Data Analyst, you are a data management professional who supports the Head of Data Management and the Chief Data Officer in the integral implementation of the Global data management framework, providing advice and proactive support to the Value Streams and other stakeholders for its implementation. The purpose of the position is to create the right preconditions to use data as a strategic asset and to report unambiguously and transparently to supervisors.
You have strong communication skills and can tell your story on different levels. As a Data Analyst you will be given the space to help formulate the vision and ambition of the Data Management Team and to give direction to the Data Management discipline.
Data is your passion and field. As a Data Analyst you are results orientated and you get energy from an ever-changing environment. You are able to come up with innovative solutions, to test them and to sharpen things up. You formulate and substantiate your advice and insights effectively and carefully. You switch effortlessly between abstract constructs and concrete solutions, connect them and cut through complexity. You have an excellent sense of proportion and enjoy working with others. You also pay attention to quality, you are proactive in your approach and you are always on top of the ball.
- A completed master's degree in Information Management, Data & Analytics, Organization Studies, Econometrics, Business Economics / Engineering or related study
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in data management (eg data governance, data quality, data architecture) operating model design and implementation within a complex (financial) organization within the EU
- Demonstrable consulting skills and competences (experience at a Big 4 consulting firm is an advantage): being able to think, frame and effectively translate complex ideas and transfer them to (senior MT) business and IT stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and practical and implementation experience with data management industry standards such as DAMA DMBOK
- Relevant data management certifications (eg Certified Data Management Professional) or willing to obtain them in the short term
- Affinity with and / or experience in Enterprise Architecture: being able to approach and oversee problems, solutions and impact integrally and holistically (data, process, organization and technology)
- Connecting personality, depth and focused on cooperation
- Impact and full discussion partner at all levels
- Authentic and initiating
- Customer oriented and excellent communication skills
- You are a team player with a sense of humor
- You look for challenges and are constantly improvement-oriented
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.