Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be part of a team that provides has a significant presence within Investment Management? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
Reporting to the Derivatives Operations Manager, the Analyst will be dedicating to providing support to the front office with emphasis in the following areas: derivative settlement and trade processing, payments, reconciliations, reporting and documentation. Additionally, the Analyst will assist in other key functions as needed such as trade confirmations and collateral processing. This position will liaise with various front and middle office teams across Asset Management to foster the collaborative nature Derivatives Operations.
The Analyst will be part of an international and diverse team of 8 individuals. The team is managed by a young and entrepreneurial operations manager who will give you lots of freedom and at the same time will help you develop your analytical and operational skills extensively.
Other responsibilities include:
- Processing of derivative trade settlements and payments, reconciliation of customer and general ledger accounts, resolutions of general ledger discrepancies, documentation and maintenance of trade confirmations and policies and procedures.
- Reviewing daily/month end reconciliation between third parties and the books of the firm, including resolution of exceptions
- Liaising with different areas of the business regarding Over The Counter positions
- Products supported include IRD, CDS, Futures, Options and Commodity Swaps.
- Supporting the business with implementing new initiatives or changes.
- Confirmation of margin calls related to derivatives instruments with external parties and processing of the margin calls on a daily basis.
As Derivatives Operations Analyst you are a dedicated team player who is very much process orientated. You have very strong communication skills with ability to liaise with various stakeholders at all levels within the organization. You have solid experience of financial products and markets. Furthermore you have specific OTC Derivatives knowledge or collateral management experience.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics.
- Over at least 1-3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Client focus with strong social skills, being able to understand and act according to somebody else’s point of view.
- Proven knowledge and experience on financial markets and investments.
- Excellent analytical mindset and experience with derivatives and in particular working with Murex.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable.
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.