Aegon Asset Management is a leading global investor. Our 360 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$386 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
The Fund Accounting & Oversight Analyst provides ownership and oversight of the funds managed by AAM Europe and is accountable to clients for delivery and maintenance of timely and accurate fund accounting information.
Responsibilities are met by carrying-out procedural analysis of fund accounting information provided by outsourced suppliers, investigating and escalating anomalies as appropriate, and communicating fund accounting information and any associated issues to stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. You will also be expected to identify and articulate risks, issues and potential improvements in relation to existing processes.
In addition, this role will include responsibilities involved with the reporting coordination and management of our European mutual fund vehicles.
- Develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of all fund types administered by AAM Europe
- Keep up to date with all Regulatory, Accounting and Taxation changes that are applicable to our Funds.
- Carry out procedural analysis to ensure that the NAV prices calculated by outsourced suppliers are accurate and delivered on time.
- Manage and own fund interim and annual account production, ensuring that the highest standards of control are applied.
- Oversee and ensure our compliance with the regulatory and legislative regime, and consistently apply the principles of treating customers fairly; making compliance and the interests of the client paramount in any decision.
- Identify issues and risks, and raise and manage requests to resolve these with internal and outsourced suppliers.
- Agree and monitor the appropriate key performance indicators of our outsourced suppliers and provide input into the service level agreement.
- Create a relationship with outsourced suppliers and the other internal departments and be the focal point of contact for departments outside Operations for our funds.
- Necessary technical fund accounting skills including pricing knowledge.
- A master’s degree in accounting/fund accounting. Relevant fund accounting/administration experience is essential and can cover insured, pension, OEIC and/or other collective investment schemes.
- Experience of supplier and service level management, and issue and risk management.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Customer focus;
- Excellent time-management, teamwork, interpersonal, organisation and relationship management skills;
- Demonstrate willingness to take ownership and accountability.
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and different job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Suzanne van Calsteren, Talent Acquisition Business Partner email@example.com or +31 (0)6 24684342 #LI-FAD