Want to work in an inspiring and agile environment where you can make a career in investment management? Want to work at of the largest Dutch asset management organisations? Aegon Asset Management should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a world-wide, active investment manager. Investors entrust our organization to manage about €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia. We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has devoted international teams with profoundly asset-class expertise. This maximizes client benefits from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
The Investment Controller will be part of the Financial Reporting and Accounting team, an international and diverse team. The Financial Reporting and Accounting team delivers financial reporting and accounting support to General Account, Insurance Linked and Third-party Clients of Aegon Asset Management as well as Supervisory Authorities. The team is managed by a young and entrepreneurial financial expert.
We are seeking a Investment Controller who aspires a career within asset or investment management. You bring financial experience and expertise and you are ready to grow and develop yourself in becoming a top investment professional. This role offers you exposure to our Aegon Group Clients, external fund administrator, external auditor and Industry regulators, as well as working with multiple internal departments.
Other key responsibilities:
- Contribute to the precise and timely production of internal and external reporting.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders; to increase awareness of the team and its processes, plus maintain and develop working relationships.
- Continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- Participate in diversified internal projects / change initiatives.
- Energetically support the collective growth of a team with great potential.
- Support (line) management as sparring partner
You are ready for a next challenge to continue your career within Investment management. You have experience as accountant, controller or reporting specialist within asset management at a financial institution or as auditor at a Big 4 audit firm. You preferably have a RA or RC qualification or comparable.
You understand the complexity of fixed income products and derivatives.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s + degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting, being a Chartered Accountant (RA) or Controller (RC) is an advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience within the Big4 Accountancy, Investment Management or Real Estate Funds, Pension funds.
- Knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP is an advantage
- Experience in working in an international, multinational environment.
- Knowledge of Simcorp Dimension and/or Peoplesoft would be an advantage.
- A unyielding personality with exquisite communication skills in English and skillful in Dutch (both written and oral).
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and different job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Suzanne van Calsteren, Talent Acquisition Business Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
or +31 (0)6 24684342