Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be part of a team that actively manages a portfolio of Fixed Income products? Aegon Asset Management should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The Investment Manager is responsible for managing, evaluating and monitoring large sovereign fixed income portfolios within the Aegon Asset Management Fixed Income team. This role partners with the team members to define optimal portfolio strategy, as well as traders and analysts, and must uphold the prescribed investment management process. The role includes conducting top-down fundamental research, contributing to strategy formulation and constructing portfolios with diversified risk within the relevant mandate to generate solid investment performance.
Reporting into the Head of Fixed Income, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- Responsible for managing multiple portfolios of fixed income instruments; manages, evaluates and monitors investment performance
- Assist in the expansion of our LDI activities and further development of related internal models and processes
- Become an expert in global sovereign bond markets and related financial instruments. Monitors domestic & international economic and political trends for potential impact on the fundamentals and performance of the portfolios
- Contributes to market analysis, contributing to establishment of investment strategy
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of the fixed income market and issuers within that universe
- Manages, evaluates and monitors portfolio risk
- Develop internal models to analyze relative value in fixed income markets
- Support our marketing activities, including input on RFP questionnaires, developing and maintaining marketing and answer client questions
- Support our development of ESG-related products
- Support other investment teams in the AAM European organization
- Support the Front Office in administrative and reporting requirements
As Investment Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have in-depth knowledge of fixed income products. You are optimistic, independent and you like work within a dynamic environment.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Quantitative Finance, Business or Economics.
- Significant experience in the Fixed Income area, with an excellent understanding of Fixed Income markets and of Fixed Income asset management expertise, having experience in managing complex portfolios
- Asset management within the Insurance Companies balance sheet context with a good understanding of their specific objectives and constraints.
- Experience in building ALM tools or related quantitative modeling skills
- CFA charter holder/willing to participate in this program
- You are DSI certified or willing to register with the DSI and meet the compulsory Guidelines of the European Securities Markets Authority (ESMA) on knowledge, skills and expertise
- Good communication and relationship management skills;
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral);
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.nl or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.