Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be part of a team that actively manages a portfolio of Alternative Fixed Income? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The Alternative Fixed Income team focusses on delivering attractive risk-adjusted returns, by investing in less traditional or less liquid assets within the Fixed Income universe. The team covers a broad spectrum of investment opportunities: Corporate Risk (SME loans, Private Placements, CLOs), Consumer Risk (ABS, direct consumer loans, mortgage loans), and alternative Government Risk (ECAs, WSW, etc).
The team manages about €30bln in assets, predominantly for external clients, such as pension funds, insurance companies, banks and wholesalers.
We are looking to extent the team by an Investment Manager who will be focusing on our Dutch SME Loan Fund, and/or other Alternative Fixed Income funds managed by the team, depending on your skills and preference.
Reporting into the European Head of Alternative Fixed Income, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- Building relations with banks and all other counterparties in order to source interesting investment opportunities
- In-depth credit analysis of investment opportunities.
- Discuss the outcome of your credit analysis with other members of the team and take an investment decision together.
- General management of investment portfolios, including periodic review and existing investments in the funds
- Help with commercial activities, including giving pitches to potential investors
As Investment Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong analytical skills and an idea for detail. You have strong communication skills. You are optimistic and you like work within a dynamic environment.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in (Quantitative) Finance, Economics, Econometrics or Mathematics.
- 0 – 5 years’ relevant experience in Investment Management
- A high level of drive and be achievement oriented, with a “deal maker” mentality. No 9 to 5 mentality.
- Excellent analytical skills, with eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills and able to assist in giving pitches to client.
- Excellent people skills in order to build relationships with bank and other counter parties.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- You are DSI certified or willing to register with the DSI and meet the compulsory Guidelines of the European Securities Markets Authority (ESMA) on knowledge, skills and expertise.
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.nl or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.