Want to work in an inspiring and agile environment where you can make a career in investment management? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch asset management organisations? Aegon Asset Management should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The Investment Controller will be part of the Financial Reporting and Accounting team, an international and diverse team. The Financial Reporting and Accounting team delivers financial reporting and accounting support to General Account, Insurance Linked and Third-party Clients of Aegon Asset Management as well as Supervisory Authorities. The team is managed by a young and entrepreneurial financial expert.
We are seeking an Investment Controller who aspires a career within asset or investment management. You bring financial experience and expertise and you are willing to grow and develop yourself in becoming a top investment professional. This role offers you exposure to our Aegon Group Clients, external fund administrator, external auditor and Industry regulators, as well as working with multiple internal departments.
Other key responsibilities:
- Contribute to the accurate and timely production of internal and external reporting.
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders; to increase awareness of the team and its processes, plus maintain and develop working relationships.
- Continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- Participate in various internal projects / change initiatives.
- Actively support the collective growth of a team with great potential.
- Support (line) management as sparring partner
You are ready for a next challenge to continue your career within Investment management. You have experience as accountant, controller or reporting specialist within asset management at a financial institution or as auditor at a Big 4 audit firm.
If you recently have graduated for your Master’s degree and you would like to commence your career within finance & accounting within a financial institution, this is could be your opportunity. You understand the complexity of fixed income products and derivatives.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. Ambition to study for Chartered Accountant or Controller is an advantage.
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree at least 2-3 years of relevant working experience within a financial institution as controller or reporting specialist is required.
- Knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP is an advantage.
- Experience in working in an international, multinational environment.
- Knowledge of Simcorp Dimension and/or Peoplesoft would be an advantage.
- A solid personality with excellent communication skills in English and proficient in Dutch (both written and oral).
- Social Skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with others at all levels within the organization
- Results driven
- Customer, team, process and result oriented
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- Comes pro-actively with improvements
- Hands-on and able to operate under time pressure, taking deadlines into account
- Helicopter View
- Having an overview of a situation without going into too much detail
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97