Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be part of a global team that closely and respectfully works together and actively manages a portfolio of Alternative Fixed Income? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The job in a nutshell
The Alternative Fixed Income team focusses on investing in less traditional and/or illiquid assets within the Fixed Income universe, with the aim of achieving (much) higher returns than are available in traditional Fixed Income markets. The team focusses on two key areas: ABS / Structured Finance and Private Debt / Direct Lending. The team manages a range of investment strategies across the rating spectrum, from AAA down to single-B. Examples include European/ US /Global ABS, residential mortgages, global Impact loans with Government guarantees, European/US private placements., Direct SME/Midcap lending, global Trade Finance and global Insured Credit.
The 40+ investment team is based in The Hague, London, Chicago, Baltimore and Cedar Rapids, and manages about €65bln of assets via funds and segregated accounts, predominantly for external clients, such as pension funds, insurance companies , private banks and family offices around the world.
We are looking to extent the global team by an Investment Manager who will be focusing on our actively managed and fast growing European and global ABS funds (>€20bln AuM). These funds invest in Asset Backed Securities (ABS), Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS), Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) and Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLOs). The Investment Manager will become part of the global ABS (sub)team of 18 investment professionals, and will help with making investment decisions for the range of ABS funds. Investment decisions are based on our proprietary Quadrant approach, which combines quantitative analysis with qualitative factors. Special attention is given to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors in any investment analysis / proposal.
Reporting into the Global Head of Alternative Fixed Income and Structured Finance, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- Contribute to quantitative ESG analysis of the underlying ABS collateral pools.
- Contribute to quantitative credit risk analysis of investment opportunities.
- Discuss the outcome of your ESG and credit analysis with other members of the ABS team and take an investment decision together.
- General management of investment portfolios, including periodic review and existing investments in the funds, and participate in periodic investment meetings of the global team.
- Follow broader financial markets and contribute to our general ABS investment meetings and discussions.
- Build relations with our main counterparties: global investment banks and ABS originators.
- Contribute to commercial activities of the different ABS funds.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
This is your future position, because you
As a (quantitative) Investment Manager ABS, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong analytical skills and an eye for detail. You have strong communication skills and preferentially also some programming skills. You are optimistic and you like work within a dynamic environment.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- have a Master’s Degree in (Quantitative) Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics or similar;
- have 0 – 5 years’ experience, and interested in investing and ESG related topics;
- are willing to do business travel on a regular basis;
- are willing to learn on the job from more senior team members around you;
- are DSI certified or willing to register with the DSI and meet the compulsory Guidelines of the European Securities Markets Authority (ESMA) on knowledge, skills and expertise.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The alternative Fixed Income team is a enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and dynamic team. The team culture is very informal with monthly drinks and regular team events.
Together you’ll make sure to get the best return for our clients with a keen eye on Environmental, Social and Governance factors.
What will you be getting?
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- You will be earning a competitive monthly salary
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- Good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme
- Possibilities to do a traineeship / rotation within the global Alternative Fixed Income and Structured Finance team.
- Possibilities to work remotely if desired
- Possibilities for work in London or US for a temporary period
Sounds this position perfect for you? Can't wait to join Aegon? Apply now by submitting your resumé and cover letter. If you have any other questions, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Adinda Janse, via firstname.lastname@example.org.