- Drive the development of our product range, research product opportunities, understand market dynamics, deliver effective project management of new proposition launches and enhancements, ensure that the existing product range is fit for purpose and build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- In liaison with the Commercial Director, Head of Product, Head of Commercial Strategy, Investment Managers and Sales, identify, agree, prioritise and implement product developments, amendments and enhancements to ensure the AAM Europe product range remains relevant, compliant and competitive.
- Ensure that products are and remain saleable and compliant with local regulations in these markets.
- Assist with the development of AAM Europe’s product strategy across the relevant product channel through identifying, coordinating and managing product priorities.
- Develop close and collaborative working relationships within the wider organisation, including Marketing, Sales, Investment Management, Operations, Legal and with external legal and regulatory consultants.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and interpretation of product and competitor research, ensuring information is accurate, timely and available.
- Understand key trends and themes in relevant markets, and use these to assist Marketing colleagues to inform the development of practical marketing plans in liaison with colleagues in Product and Marketing.
- Contribute to the development of content for promotional materials across all media, in liaison with colleagues in Marketing, Communications, Investment Management and Sales. This includes providing input to RFPs and Presentations, as required.
- Work with Investment Management and independently to achieve and maintain a strong level of technical expertise in the relevant product range.
- Responsible for compliance with the regulatory and legislative regime as it impacts the role and for ensuring that risks are identified, reported and managed accordingly.
- Contribute to ensuring that the AAM Europe CCO domain consistently applies the principles of TCF, demonstrating with words and actions that the client perspective is always considered in decision making.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by his/her manager from time to time so long as such duties are within the scope and ability of the job holder.
- Strong technical knowledge of asset management products within one or more asset classes.
- Ability to analyse complex data and communicate its meaning in plain English.
- Ability to plan and organize own time to ensure completion of diverse projects.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative thinker.
- Skill in building and maintaining relationships across the organisation.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- Able to operate in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment and function within a highly professional team active within both operational / technical driven activities as well as strategically driven development and support activities.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- The ability to deliver to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Commercial sensitivity and client-driven approach.
- Accept and embrace change, and manage through ambiguous situations.
- High work ethics, such as being proactive, accountable and responsible.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Eager to further develop, continuously broadening skill set.
- ‘Can do’ mentality and offers constructive criticism.
- Open and flexible in communication and cooperation, proven communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic, creative and results orientated.
Aegon Asset Management aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 25 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Tim Blok, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 612360106 or email@example.com.