Are you looking for a next step in your investment career? Do you have ESG experience as Portfolio Manager? Then this role is the perfect opportunity for you to further develop yourself and contribute to the success of the Multi-Management business within Aegon Asset Management!
Aegon Asset Management is a world-wide, active investment manager. Investors entrust our organization to manage about €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia. We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has devoted teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally into maximizing client benefits from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment. We are a world-wide business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
As portfolio manager you will be part of the AAM Multi-Management Equity & Fixed Income team. Your principal responsibility will be selecting and monitoring external asset managers and managing multi-manager portfolios for the equity and/or fixed income allocations of our clients.
Next to manager selection and monitoring you will be involved in ESG discussions, both internally and externally.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manager selection and monitoring for one or more sub-asset classes within equity and fixed income. The actual sub-asset classes for which you will take on responsibility will be related to your skills and experience;
- Act as the principal point of contact for these sub-asset classes both internally and externally;
- Interact with clients on the portfolios you manage;
- Contribute to the manager selection and monitoring process of the team by reviewing manager research of other PMs and challenge PMs during portfolio discussions;
- Contribute to the advanced integration of ESG in the investment process;
- Maintenance and monitoring of RI policies and procedures within the Multi-Management team
- Develop and enhance relationships with other departments within AAM;
- Support the distribution and promotion of our Multi-Management strategies and contribute to developing new solutions for our client;
- Contribute to reporting on our multi-manager portfolios.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The AAM Multi-Management team manages a wide range of investment strategies. The overall Multi-Management team consists of three teams; Alternatives, Equity & Fixed Income, and Operational Due Diligence. You will be part of the Equity & Fixed Income team, which manages more than € 25bln in assets across the various sub-asset classes within equities and fixed income. The Equity & Fixed income team consists of 7 members and is located in The Netherlands. This position will be based in Groningen, but we are able to accommodate other locations as well.
Qualifications and skills
As Portfolio Manager Multi-Management we expect you to have a pro-active working attitude, a strong drive, and great sense of responsibility. The investment approach is very team driven and therefore you must be communicative and a true team player. Furthermore you:
- Have a master degree in Economics or comparable and affinity with investment theory;
- Are fluent in Dutch and English;
- Have at least 3 years of experience as Portfolio Manager within equity and fixed income;
- Experience with and being accountable for investing and integrating in ESG;
- Have completed the post-graduate course CFA or VBA or chosen to start with one of these courses;
- Are assertive, take ownership and can be decisive;
- Are precise, structured, have a well-organized way of working;
- Have excelling analytical insight and an eye for detail;
- Knowledge of Python and VBA is an advantage.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.