Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be part of a team the energetically manages a portfolio of Alternative Fixed Income? Would you like be involved in the our new Portfolio Management Trade Finance & Export focusing on Supply Chain Finance Management? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management (AAM) is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. AAM has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The Alternative Fixed Income team focusses on delivering alluring risk-adjusted returns, by investing in less traditional or less liquid assets within the Fixed Income universe. The team covers a full spectrum of investment opportunities: Corporate Risk (SME loans, Private Placements, CLOs), Consumer Risk (ABS, direct consumer loans, mortgage loans), and alternative Government Risk (ECAs, WSW, etc).
The team manages about € 30 billion in assets, predominantly for external clients, such as pension funds, insurance companies, banks and wholesalers.
We are looking to expand the team with a Portfolio Manager will have responsibility for Trade Finance portfolios with specialization in Supply Chain Finance. Activities include sourcing credit non-payment insurance policies from insurance brokers and insurance companies for trade finance and other private debt assets; negotiating and maintaining the insurance policies including dealing with non-payment events; establishing and maintaining relationships with insurance brokers and insurance companies; and give presentations to clients in the funds.
Reporting into the European Head of Alternative Fixed Income, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- Negotiation and execution of financing structures with counterparties
- Negotiation of transaction documentation with counterparties
- In-depth analysis of obligors and suppliers, depending on the asset class
- Management of the portfolio, including periodic review and turn around management in case of a non-payment event
- Building excellent relations with sourcing parties such as banks and tech platforms with the aim of sourcing suitable investment opportunities for the trade finance portfolio
- Commercial activities, including working with sales and giving pitches to potential investors in the fund
As Portfolio Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands-on mentality and you are results oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have in-depth knowledge of trade finance activities. You are analytical, optimistic and you like work within a dynamic environment.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Business or Law.
- 7+ years’ experience in in the field Trade Finance & Export with focus on Supply Chain Financing (no focus on Commodity Trade Finance).
- A high level of drive, achievement oriented and with a “deal maker” mentality
- Excellent people skills, in order to build strong relationships with sourcing parties and internal stakeholders
- Understanding and knowledge of various transaction and structured finance documentation formats
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to negotiate financing structures and transaction documentation.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills and able to give pitches to potential investors.
- Fluent in English. Dutch language skills are not a pre-requisite.
- You are DSI certified or willing to register with the DSI and meet the compulsory Guidelines of the European Securities Markets Authority (ESMA) on knowledge, skills and expertise.
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Business Partner Dave.Heilbron@Aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.