Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be part of the International Relationship Team of Aegon Asset Management? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a leading global investor. Our 370 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$447 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has devoted teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
As Relationship Manager for Aegon (ANL) you will provide unexceptional client service in order to generate opportunities from the existing business relationship. The aim is to maintain Aegon Asset Management (AAM) as the preferred investment partner to ANL and to ensure a consistent, responsive and commercial relationship. You will be the key contact and liaison point within Aegon. You will develop and maintain a dedicated professional relationship through a structured program of face-to-face contact and distinguishable communication at a level and frequency appropriate to client needs and commercial potential.
Reporting into the Head of Relationship Management en Client Servicing Europe, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- Liaise with Client Service Managers to ensure efficient and effective take-on, reporting and query response procedure. Manage clients' participation in the process.
- Act as a focal point for gaining and acting upon the firm's knowledge of ANL requirements, facilitating this by ensuring your own appropriate use of SalesForce and encouraging this in others within the team and elsewhere in the firm.
- Responsible for compliance with the regulatory and legislative regime as it impacts your role and for ensuring that risks are identified, reported and managed suitably.
- Accountable for key governance documents and meetings like SLA’s, Mandates, IMA’s and the transfer price agreement
- Contribute to ensuring that the AAM EMEA consistently applies the principles of TCF, demonstrating with words and actions that the client perspective is always considered in decision making.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform distinguishable duties assigned by his/her manager from time to time so long as such duties are within the scope and ability of the job holder.
As Relationship Manager, you have excellent knowledge of the market place and of the wider investment world, including investment markets. This is a honorable impact role that is decisive for the maintenance of client satisfaction and client retention. Success in this role will contribute to both the growth and retention of revenue to AAM Europe, which in turn has a significant positive impact on the Aegon Asset Management group business.
Besides, you have the following qualifications:
- A completed master's degree in Finance, Business Investment or Economics
- At least 5 years of experience within Finance or Investments as strategic relationship professional.
- Excellent level of numeracy is required.
- Track record of delivering exquisite service to clients (in the financial services industry).
- Powerful level of technical operational knowledge, acquired either in relation to external clients, investment management firms, or both.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Are data driven and have an agile mindset.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), in Dutch and English
- Authentic and original.
- Customer oriented and excellent communication skills.
- You are a team player with a sense of humor.
- You have a healthy ambition and are constantly improvement-oriented.
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and different job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Business Partner email@example.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97