Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be part of a global team that conducts credit research in order to make buy, sell, and hold recommendations for our portfolio managers? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management (AAM) is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
AAM requires a commercially minded and experienced individual with strong credit research skills and experience, ideally specializing in the Telecom & Media sector. Based in our the Hague office, you will be working within our global credit research team providing analytical research to our portfolio managers, key clients and consultants.
You will focus on providing in depth credit research reviews and actionable trade recommendations and therefore work closely with credit portfolio managers and other credit research analysts. This position is responsible for providing high quality research through qualitative and quantitative analysis of corporate bond issuers, and requires strong financial modelling skills and deep industry knowledge around inter alia economic, regulatory and business developments.
Reporting into the Head of European Credit Research, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- Develop and maintain credit research coverage for one or multiple industry sectors.
- Combine strong credit research and relative value skills to trade recommendations to portfolio managers
- Monitor industry conditions and knowledge of trends and themes affecting the credit quality of specific sectors and companies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside industry experts.
- Possess and apply broad knowledge of financial and investment concepts and principles
- Work with minimal instruction or guidance with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
- Performs moderately difficult assignments with diverse scope and complexity, requiring a great deal of originality, creativity and problem solving with initiative and independent judgment required.
As a Senior Credit Research Analyst you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and are result oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. Ideally, you have in-depth knowledge of the Telecom & Media Sector from a financial market perspective. You are optimistic, independent and you like to work within a dynamic environment.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Quantitative Finance, Business or Economics (preferably cum-laude).
- Significant experience in in the field of Credit Research, ideally covering the Telecom & Media sectors.
- Extensive investment experience - including 7 years or more of experience in credit markets
- Strong knowledge and fluency with Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg and ideally Capital IQ
- Broad knowledge of investment instruments across all asset classes including a thorough understanding of financial markets concepts and principals
- You are DSI certified or willing to register with the DSI and meet the compulsory Guidelines of the European Securities Markets Authority (ESMA) on knowledge, skills and expertise.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills able to present to key stakehodlers including clients and consultants
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; willingness to engage with the broader team globally
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable.
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, which is why we continually invest in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.