Are you passionate about sustainability and seeking a career in an inspiring, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest global Asset Managers? Aegon Asset Management should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a leading global investor. Our 360 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$386 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
There is increasing investor demand and regulatory requirements for investment managers to operate an audible and centered responsible investment strategy. AAM has established a Responsible Investment Strategy that aligns with the AEGON NV responsible investment strategy. Real Asset investments, both debt and equity, involve important operational activities which are subject to a different legal framework than listed securities. To ensure alignment with Aegon AM’s responsible investment strategy, these activities require specialist real assets knowledge in order to record the impact of these activities and demonstrate to clients that Global Real Assets (GRA) manage their capital within a responsible investment strategic framework.
The Senior Responsible Investment Manager will support the Responsible Investment (RI) function, in particular in the area of GRA. In addition, the individual may support projects to analyze extra impact investments.
Specific projects and activities include:
- Draft a responsible investment strategy for the GRA platform that captures the debt and equity investment activities of the platform, and obtain approval to adopt this from the AAM Responsible Investment Committee, and the GRA Exec.
- Establish and a common reporting framework that measures Environmental, Social and Governance activities across the GRA business units and products which sets out Objectives, Targets, Metrics. Act as focal point in the undertaking of Corporate Reporting including – AAM Annual RI Report, GRA PRI responses and GRESB Submissions.
- The GRA RI strategy should consider best market practice across different Geographies and identify common monitoring and reporting objectives across the platform and create a 5 year plan for achieving those objectives, including how best to integrate this into the day to day activities of the GRA platform teams.
- Incorporate ESG into GRA investment decision making including investment committee recommendations.
- Develop a GRA RI client focused publication that summarizes the RI activities of the platform and supports the market profile of the GRA platform as a real assets leader in its chosen areas of activity.
- University degree;
- Affinity with financial services and sustainability; experience in sustainability for financial services is preferred;
- Clear understanding of the principles of Responsible Investment as applied to the Built Environment.
- High levels of competence of MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Excellent communication, team and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact professionally with people at all levels;
- Confident, self-assured, assertive, self-starter;
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute requirement; fluency in Dutch is a plus;
- Excellent writing skills
- MBA or Master's degree in related field
- Industry certifications (CFA, MAI, CCIM)
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and different job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Suzanne van Calsteren, Talent Acquisition Business Partner email@example.com or +31 (0)6 24684342