Aegon Asset Management is a leading global investor. Our 370 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$447 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations. We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas. We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment. We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. This role could be based in either The Hague, NL or Edinburgh, UK.
To ensure that the investment management division of AAM Europe is supported with high quality services from our outsourcing relationships.
- Responsible for service management support to the investment management division of AAM Europe
- Contribute to the overall management and development of the Service Management department and the wider COO management team. Work with other managers in the AAM organisation and wider Aegon organisation (such as Aegon Global Technology) to develop best practices and common solutions
- Work with Head of Investment Support to set strategy for the future of function, ensuring that current and future business requirements of AAM Europe are properly supported. Seeks to find ways to add value to investment performance. Seeks convergence and synergy across the region where possible.
- Deliver a robust and reliable service to the AAM Europe investment organisation covering all asset classes, ensuring appropriate service level standards are met and strong controls are in place at all times.
- Adopt best practice methodologies including benchmarking, outsource oversight, project management, lean, agile and Devops.
- Be a Champion of Change within the team, ensuring that changes deliver on objectives. Provide support for AAM's TOM initiative.
- Work closely with the Vendor Management organisation and manage key relationships with 3rd party vendors and suppliers, specifically business process outsource providers, ensuring there is focus on delivery of service, development of product, and continuing value for money through commercial negotiation.
- Lead, manage and motivate operations professionals ensuring the team is operates in line with appropriate best practice and corporate governance regimes.
- People management responsibilities, which involves recruitment, performance management, development, motivation, guidance and direction. Establish a culture where compliance with regulatory processes are met and all employees know their input is actively encouraged and valued.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of financial markets and financial instruments
- Professional qualifications in the area of investment operations is preferred
- Proven ability to understand business processes and issues, as well as being an excellent communicator and the ability to operate at all levels
- Experience of working at manager level in an investment management organisation and working with outsourced service providers
- Proven Project Management and Change Delivery skills
- Previous experience of managing and leading teams
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, organisational and relationship management skills
- A strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.