Are you our new International IT Auditor? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be active in our global Asset Management Division and be responsible for IT Audit? Aegon should be your next employer!
Global Audit of Aegon Asset Management (GAAM) is the Internal Audit department within Aegon Asset Management (AAM) that forms the Third Line of Defence within the internal control structure at AAM. GAAM provides its opinions and advice to Boards, Audit Committees, executive leaders and senior management, both at AAM global level and regional / country business unit levels. The IT Auditor position exists to ensure that GAAM is capable of fulfilling its responsibility to provide audit assurance over IT related topics for Aegon Asset Management.
As IT Auditor you are capable of conducting IT audits (technical and non-technical) scheduled across Asset Management globally. He or she completes audits on time, to global IIA quality standards and in accordance with internal and regulatory standards. This includes providing quality risks and control recommendations and challenging the business. He or she is accountable for the completion of planning, execution and reporting audit activities.
In addition the IT Auditor supports GAAM in managing ongoing audit relationships with internal and external stakeholders. It also includes liaising with other external audit and risk management professionals and consultants to stay current with IT technology and best practices; this is in order to ensure being able to adequately challenge IT management and processes.
As IT Auditor you support and contribute to the development of both GAAM and Group IT Audit (GITA) standards and practices.
Other responsibilities are:
- Contributing to the preparation of an objective risk based assessment and effective audit approach, evaluating the adequacy of controls, developing creative and practical recommendations that add value.
- Preparing complete, concise and insightful risk & control frameworks, evidence request lists, work papers and reports (in business English).
- Obtain sufficient information regarding an IT operation's procedures, identify weaknesses and test for procedural compliance, and recommend changes in IT procedures.
- Identify and evaluate the risks / impacts associated with identified audit issues.
- Prepares status reports for the IT Audit Manager and key governance committees (in business English).
- Assists the IT Audit Manager with development of the annual IT risk assessment and annual Audit Plan.
- Maintains strong interpersonal skills which allows interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Collaborates with Operational Auditors in order to enable integrated audits. Serves as a technical advisor to financial / operational audits on IT aspects of functions and business activities under review.
- Contributes and supports GAAM and GITA in the development of Internal Audit standards and practices
- Office based
- Travel (15% - 20%)
- Some demand to juggle shifting priorities and deadlines
- Quality-driven, complex and fast paced environment
- Opportunities to develop further through study, training, certifications and coaching
As IT Auditor you are a highly analytical yet pragmatic, which includes to work as part of a team and 'roll up his/her sleeves' if required in order to get the job done.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems or similar computing science / business degree or Accounting / Finance / Business degree with computing experience. in addition to Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Registered EDP Auditor (RE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or related certifications.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in an audit environment within IT Audit at one of the big 4 accountancy firms within the EU.
- Strong knowledge of IT standards;
- Understanding of what being a trusted business partner in a service orientated audit function means, including experience building relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation;
- Knowledge of IT risk management and IT audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques e.g. interviewing, presentation, reporting;
- Demonstrable experience of working independently as well as in a team environment.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Business Partner email@example.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97