Are you seeking Operational Audit career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Asset Management organisations? Want to travel around the globe? Aegon Asset Management should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a world-wide, active investment manager. Investors entrust our organization to manage about €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia. We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has devoted teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally into maximizing client benefits from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment. We are a world-wide business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
We are seeking an Operational Auditor who aspires for a career within a financial institution on a world-wide level. You will bring existing audit experience / expertise and are ready to grow and develop yourself towards becoming an international auditor. This role offers a wealth of opportunity and responsibility including exposure to our world-wide locations.
Reporting into an Audit Manager, your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Executing internal audits for appropriate cycles of the audit program by reviewing financial controls and testing compliance with established internal control policies, procedures, regulations and laws as applicable
- Identifying business and financial risks including opportunities to improve business processes and improving internal controls whilst ensuring the integrity and reliability of the controls
- Discussing audit findings and issues with local management as they arise and with the Internal Audit Senior Manager before presenting these in the audit close meeting
- Ensuring completion of all issues and working papers by all team members on the audit and then producing the first draft audit report
- Incidental ad hoc assignments including investigations and assisting with the execution of the novel initiatives
Qualifications and skills
You are ready for a next challenge and want to continue your career within auditing on an international level. You have gained working experience with either in Internal Audit, Finance or Risk teams of a major financial institution or relevant Big 4 consultancy. You understand the complexity of investment products and instruments. .
In addition, you have the following:
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. Chartered Accountant or Audit is an advantage.
- 5-10 years of relevant internal-audit experience in an internationally operating internal Audit Department in Banking, Asset Management, Private Wealth Management or similar financial environment in the EU or UK. Experience within a big-4 accountancy is an advantage.
- Awareness and knowledge of (basic) IT controls (integrated auditing) relevant for the industry.
- Drive to achieve team results in a active environment.
- Customer, team, process and result oriented.
- Hands-on and able to operate under time pressure.
- Zealous to learn, study in the field of asset management.
- An revealed outgoing personality with excellent communication skills across all organizational levels.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.nl or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.