Are you our next Sr. Internal Auditor? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be involved within the international holding as Sr. Internal Auditor? Aegon should be your next employer!
As an International Internal Auditor you are responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of audits using the Aegon Internal Audit methodology and effective project management disciplines. You possess and apply knowledge of particular field of specialization for the completion of assignments. You will be responsible for the provision of quality, reliable and independent internal audit services to assigned entities and functions allocated to the role. You understand the business strategy, operations and market context and use this to develop the audit plan, adapt it as business risk profile changes and tailor audit work to the key business risks, issues and initiatives.
Exercises judgement and influence to ensure audit outcomes result in positive change in the control environment. You provide insight through identifying issues and monitors business implementation of a solution.
Reporting into the Internal Head of Audit, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Playing an active role in the Group Internal Audit team, contributing to developing and delivering the future strategic direction of internal audit whilst role modelling key behaviors necessary for success.
- Taking responsibility for securing resources, or having a lead role, to ensure audit services are delivered and quality thresholds are met or exceeded.
- Actively develops the broader team by understanding theirs skills and ambition and identifying opportunities for them to develop.
- Is actively engaged in evolving Internal Audit practices through continuous development and interaction with external and Aegon peers. Shares this knowledge and takes the lead in improving practices in the CC team and the wider Aegon Internal Audit function.
- As required, contributes towards the function’s mission by leading projects/ initiatives.
As International Internal Auditor you show personal accountability and ownership to complete the audit plan. You are good in identifying problems and finding solutions. You have a customer Focus and establish valuable partnerships. Zealous leadership skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with global internal and external stakeholders.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Controlling, Economics, Financial Management or other relevant discipline in addition to being a Qualified Accountant or Auditor (ACA, ACCA, RA, RO CIMA, PIIA, CMIIA or equivalence);
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in an international audit environment, preferably in a similar role within the EU or UK;
- Significant and diverse internal audit experience working in or for insurance including Solvency II or Group Functions including Finance / Accounting;
- Demonstrable experience of working independently on internal audit reviews as well as in a team environment;
- Must be fluent in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Business Partner Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97