Are you looking for a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Do you want to work at one of the largest Dutch financial institutions? Do you want to be responsible for our Media Relations, Press & PR on global level ? Want to work within our Corporate Center Group Communications Department? Aegon should be your next employer!
The Sr. Media Relations Press & PR Manager will execute Aegon’s media relations strategy and is responsible for all areas of public relations. This position is responsible for promoting and protecting Aegon on global level. These include crisis and issue management, investor relations (if and when temporary assistance to the Investor Relations team is required), consumer, employee and media relations, and consumer and internal communications plans, with the objective of protecting the company’s image and brand equity. The candidate will also lead the company’s consumer PR efforts to amplify the banner brands on a global scale and to support ongoing corporate communications activities and goals.
The successful candidate will serve as a liaison with stakeholders. The Spokesperson will develop and educate on communications standards and principles for both corporate and brand public relations. In addition to proactive media relations, he or she will write and manage all crisis communications and issues management, with the Head of External Communications and the Executive Board of Aegon. The successful candidate has extensive experience in media relations and can leverage on a stong network in the world of the media. The candidate delivers media prep documents and media training for executives.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Execute the Company’s media relations strategy and serve as principal company spokesperson.
- Responsible for managing media relations and is accountable for consistently delivering high-quality results that maintain and expand Aegon’s media presence, reputation, products, services, relevance, and core values.
- Collaborates with the Investor Relations team as it relates to telling our corporate story around earnings, etc.
- Directs the development and implementation of media relations strategies to promote the enterprise and business priorities and protect the corporate brand.
- Evaluating and pursuing media opportunities in trade, business and consumer media.
- Creating consistent and integrated messaging, talking points and spokesperson briefing materials.
- Writing and/or editing all news releases, statements and external Q&A.
- Coordinating and integrating enterprise social media monitoring and engagement.
- Driving further integrating with Marketing initiatives and messages including social media.
- Identifying and executing on corporate thought leadership opportunities, including target PR-based research, op-eds and position papers, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Measuring and analyzing media relations activities to continue to sharpen and refine messaging and tactics.
We’re looking for a strategic, forward-thinking and experienced communications professional who has significant international Media Relations & PR experience within an international financial institution. You have a proven track record as spokesperson. You combine strategic thinking with a pragmatic can do mentality. You have strong influencing skills and are able to cultivate and maintain good working relationships. Also able to provide critical feedback and handle sensitive issues when needed. Has the gravitas and experience to give credible advice and inspire confidence.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- You have a Master’s degree within business, communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in a communications/public relations related field within a global financial institution.
- Minimum 5+ years working as a trusted advisor with C-level, corporate executives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in managing crisis communications.
- Development of a pro-active, “surround-sound” media relations strategy (using digital, social, and traditional mediums) that drives positive coverage about the corporate brand, products, and the company’s commitment to operating responsibly.
- Must be fluent in English (native or near native).
- You are a positive and pro-active team player, analytical and results driven.
- Excellent ability to organize and a sharp eye for detail.
- Energy, commitment and ability to maintain a sense of humor and perspective under pressure and changing priorities. Able to balance a varied workload.
- Self-starter; personally motivated, resourceful, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, global, virtual work environment.
- Highly organized, thorough and detail-oriented.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.