Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the insurance industry and become one of the financial leaders in a major corporate on an international level? Aegon should be your next employer!
At the heart of Group Finance, the actuarial internal model analyst is responsible for collecting and reviewing the internal model input and results of Aegon Group and assessing that the information submitted by reporting units is accurate and complete and delivered in a timely fashion. The main focus of the actuarial internal model analyst is on the internal model Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR) calculation and the internal model attribution/diversification analysis for group solvency II reporting. The results are input to the Group Finance analyses teams, who perform an in-depth analysis of the numbers and provide the story behind these numbers for reporting to the Executive Board, Management Board, Supervisory Board and external stakeholders. In addition the results are used by other Corporate Center departments such as Corporate Development, Risk and Treasury for strategic decision making. The actuarial internal model analyst maintains adequate control documentation of processes and procedures performed and keeps Aegon’s Business Process Document and reporting manual up-to-date.
- Support quality of all financial reporting (for management and regulatory purposes) is of the highest standard
- Perform analytical procedures on internal model SCR and diversification to ensure data report is accurate and complete and fit for purpose to include in the consolidated numbers of the Group
- Assure quality of all information / reports, and continuously strive to promote and implement effective automation and efficiency in existing processes
- Support continuous improvement of reporting environment through identifying opportunities to help reporting units, group finance analyses teams and increase reliance on automated controls
- Prepare clear instructions and guidance to reporting units finance departments to support their submission of SCR data in RAEC (our internal model tool) and support them generally in reporting to group
- Actively maintain effective working relationships with reporting units
- Work closely together with group finance analyses teams to ensure smooth hand-over and continued involvement in consolidated deliverables
- Work closely with the groups’ external auditor performing audit procedures on consolidated financial information and facilitate their processes where appropriate
- Contribute to high quality and efficient internal model SCR calculation process in RAEC for Quarterly reporting, Budget MTP, Sensitivities, Annual quarter and major model changes
- Perform high quality Database Administration reporting and analysis
- Perform model updates, testing and migration for RAEC
About the department
The Group Finance department is responsible for the delivery of meaningful financial and non-financial information (e.g. capital, income, balance sheet, sales etc.) to the Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board of Aegon N.V. to support the board’s decision making process. To achieve this objective, Group Finance maintains appropriate reporting systems which enables group consolidated reporting on key financial metrics based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Solvency II, Aegon’s Market Value Numbers and other metrics. The environment in Group Finance is very dynamic, and constantly evolving due to external regulatory demands and internal needs and enhancement. Managing & adapting to change in a structured manner is key to the long term success of the department. The financial reporting team is the owner of the consolidated financial information of Aegon Group and ensures that the figures are accurate and complete and compiled in accordance with Aegon’s reporting principles in a timely fashion. The Actuarial Model Analyst will report to an enthusiastic, inspiring and down to earth financial manager.
As Actuarial Model Analyst you are an experienced and competent sparring partner for the various stakeholders, you are a highly analytical yet pragmatic financial expert, eager, dedicated and have a can do mentality. You have the ability to work as part of a team and 'roll up his/her sleeves' when required in order to get the job done. You formulate and substantiate your advice and insights carefully. You also have an excellent sense of relationships and you enjoy working together with others. Finally you pay attention to quality and you are proactive in your approach. Furthermore you have:
- Completed Master’s degree in econometrics, physics, mathematics or actuarial.
- Approximately 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Solvency II.
- Affinity with financial and insurance processes.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing.
- Persistent, convincing, decisive, initiative-oriented, solution-oriented and organization-conscious.
- Connecting and focused on cooperation.
- Works in a structured way, is able to structure and to keep an overview of a complex domain and a large range of tasks.
- Able to analyze complex problems.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us and that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97