Do you want to be involved in a finance position which is close to the business and a sparring partner for management? Do you want to be part of a growing ambitious organization? Then join our Finance Team at Aegon Asset Management Netherlands (AAM NL)!
You are looking for a challenging financial business partner position within a global asset management organization. You are an enthusiastic team player with ambition and a healthy degree of professional skepticism. You are pro-active and are looking for a position with room for taking initiative.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Be the dedicated finance business partner for the Client Investment Solutions and Multi Management functions within AAM Europe, the Client Investment Solutions team provides solid research, strategic asset allocation services and suitable investment solutions. The Multi Manager team selects and monitors the best external asset managers worldwide.
- Provide monthly cost centre information to cost centre managers within the functional areas within AAM Europe;
- Provide support for decision making within the functional areas including assistance in strategic decision making, business cases and project costing;
- Effective challenge of expenditure within the functional areas and identification of opportunities to derive cost efficiencies;
- Prepare quarterly expense Forecasts and annual Budget for functional areas and report variances to support business decisions;
- Prepare the monthly revenue calculations for the fiduciary business;
- Prepare the quarterly revenue and asset under management forecast and annual Budget for the fiduciary business and report variances to support business decisions;
- Prepare monthly consolidated reporting including design and preparation of reports/analysis;
- Deliver requested and unsolicited advice to the management;
- Carry out ad hoc business project support work;
- Document processes and review for continued suitability. Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Master in business administration, accounting, finance or other relevant studies
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Full time (38-40 hours a week)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a thorough understanding of business partnering
- Excellent communication skills and commercial awareness to verbally communicate management information;
- Good analytical skills and problem solving abilities;
- Proven analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a cross border team;
- Accountability and ability to challenge in a constructive manner.
- Proficient with Excel;
- Fluent in Dutch and English both written and verbally.
And of course you are professional and conscientious. Last but not least you have a can-do attitude and you will go the extra mile if needed.
The Finance department within AAM Europe consists of 3 sub departments: European Business Control, Finance & Control Netherlands and Finance & Control UK and involves 16 employees who are working on 3 different locations: The Hague, Groningen and Edinburgh. The place of employment for this role is in The Netherlands.
The European Business Control department is focused on financial business partnering and providing management information (Actuals and Forecast/Budget) to the European business. The Finance & Control Netherlands department is focused on the administration and reporting of NL entities while The Finance & Control UK department is responsible for the administration and reporting of the UK entities.
The European Business Control team consists of 5 business controllers who all cover a separate function within the European Asset Management organisation. The aim of the team is to improve business performance by providing sound financial reports, data analysis and facts to business owners on revenues, costs, profitability, sales and non-financial information. The team is also involved in business cases and product development. The team reports to the European Head of Business Control, who in her turn reports directly under the European CFO.
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Aegon Asset Management uses its investment management expertise to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security, with a focus on excellence, trust and partnership. Institutional and private investors entrust Aegon Asset Management to manage approximately €344 billion worldwide.
Positioned for success in its chosen markets (the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia), Aegon Asset Management’s specialist teams provide high-quality investment solutions across asset classes. Its clients benefit from the extensive international research capabilities and in-depth local knowledge of Aegon Asset Management, as well as Kames Capital, its UK investment team, and TKP Investments, its fiduciary management investment team in the Netherlands location Groningen.
Aegon Asset Management is part of Aegon, one of the world’s leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Need more information? www.aegonassetmanagement.com
What we offer
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment and development opportunities, such as:
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
- A commuting allowance; training allowance
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products
Are you interested in joining our Finance Team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Anne van Busselen, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 23792726.
We look forward to your application and motivation!