A good analysis starts with the right data. With your knowledge and experience you help to develop our data processes on the AWS platform in order to gain more insight into our financial risks.
This is what you do as a Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer you are responsible for the environment that creates the right data files from internal and external sources for your actuarial colleagues. This forms the basis for them to provide financial insight, further develop valuation models and to determine actuarial parameters. You ensure that our data is available and you automate processes and data flows by building pipelines on AWS. The challenge is to convince the various stakeholders of your advice and ideas and to further optimize the data flows.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The Actuarial Reporting Life department consists of more than 20 colleagues and a manager. It is our ambition to offer the best and most efficient solution for internal and external stakeholders in the form of information, analysis and advice. The department is responsible for the financial reports for our stakeholders (Aegon Corporate Center, De Nederlandsche Bank, Investor Relations and management). You often work together with the data steward and actuarial colleagues of your Actuarial Reporting Life department, but also with the Risk, IT and Life business unit departments.
This is your future position because:
As a data engineer you know why data is important, you are proactive by tackling things yourself and suggesting improvements, you are flexible and you are a real team player. In addition you have:
- Affinity with programming and data processing (in Power BI, R and Python);
- A good dose of knowledge and experience with AWS, Data processes and Agile working;
- Relevant work experience gained at an insurance company;
- Healthy decisiveness and you are accurate;
- Communicative in Dutch and English and you convince others and include them in your thinking process.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € 4.000 and € 6.000. You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- A healthy balance between working in and out of the office. And the possibility to work (temporarily) from abroad (in agreement with your manager)
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 28 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with guidance, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Are you enthusiastic about this vacancy and do you think that Aegon is a good fit for you? Then we invite you to apply. Do you have any questions first? Call 06-21641892 or send an email to email@example.com . You can find more information about our application process on our website. #LI-SV1