FunctieCurrently, we are looking for an Internal Control Officer for Group Finance. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join our Internal Control team at Aegon Corporate Center!
The Internal Control Officer will be supporting the process / control owners at Aegon’s Corporate Financial Center (CFC) to maintain and in some cases (re)design (key) controls. The job holder will perform internal control testing on behalf of management. Furthermore, the internal control officer, in close cooperation with the data quality officer, will support the manager internal control to keep oversight over the Global finance function and efficiently and effectively work together with Aegon’s business units to obtain visibility of Aegon in control. A short overview of your tasks (not limited to):
- Prepare and maintain adequate annual planning for testing and review of internal controls / key controls
- Asses Aegon’s Internal Control Framework has been adequately implemented within CFC
- In case of (ad hoc) issues, find solutions to mitigate the issues and proactively engage with second line (operational risk management) and if necessary, third line (internal audit)
- Consolidate findings from Aegon’s subsidiaries into a draft report and propose conclusions
About the department
The Group Finance department is responsible for the delivery of meaningful financial and non-financial information (e.g. capital, income, balance sheet, sales etc) to the Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board of Aegon N.V. to support the board’s decision making process. To achieve this objective, Group Finance maintains appropriate reporting systems which enables group consolidated reporting on key financial metrics based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Solvency II, Aegon’s Market Value Numbers and other metrics. The environment in Group Finance is very dynamic, and constantly evolving due to external regulatory demands and internal needs and enhancement. Managing & adapting to change in a structured manner is key to the long term success of the department.
Group Finance sets accounting policies for the Group based on IFRS and Solvency II. It also manages the annual Budget and Medium-Term Planning (Budget MTP) process and is responsible for all periodic external financial reports (e.g. Condensed consolidated interim financial statements, annual report, annual report on Form 20-F and Solvency Financial Condition Report (SFCR)). The department works very closely together with other disciplines within Corporate Center such as Group Treasury, Group Risk, Group Communications and Investor Relations. In addition, Group Finance works closely with all Aegon’s business units to assure timely, high quality information. The reporting process is a global process whereby ongoing communication and alignment with country units is essential.
ProfielAs an Internal Control Officer you are a strong communicator and able to communicate across various levels within the organization. Also, you have a hands-on mentality and have Very good planning, prioritizing and goalsetting skills. Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- University degree in Accounting, Controlling, Business Administration, Economics, Financial Management or other relevant discipline. Chartered Accountant would be desirable;
- 3-5 years’ of relevant experience in internal control or auditing;
- Prior experience within Risk, compliance or an internal control role;
- Insurance, Financial Services and regulatory experience in an international corporate environment;
- Fluent in English, verbally and written.
AanbodAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A gross monthly salary of €3.524 - €5.874 based on 40 hours a week.
- A monthly flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 25 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.