Do you like developing and analysing models and do you have affinity with the actuarial domain? Then this is the job for you!
The job in a nutshell
By optimizing existing and developing new models you provide crucial quantitative insights and input for the valuation and pricing of Aegon’s pension, life and non-life insurances and mortgages. With sophisticated models you predict e.g. the life expectancy of Aegon’s pension policyholders or the number of disabilities within the income insurance portfolio. In addition, you accurately quantify the associated risks: what if people live longer than expected? With these insights you contribute to the management of Aegon’s balance sheet and collaborate in projects that further optimize the balance sheet. Much of the work is project-based, but also entails process responsibility.
Technical Development Program
This position is part of the Technical Development Program, which is a program based on job rotation. Every two years you will switch to a new role in another business unit: Aegon the Netherlands, Aegon Asset Management, Aegon Group and Aegon Bank. These rotations (three times maximum) facilitate your development as a broad professional. Besides these rotations, this program offers you everything to boost your development:
- Extended training program (communication, project management and leadership skills)
- International assignments
- Individual coaching by program coordinators
The program is an excellent opportunity to build a broad network with your peers and to interact with senior management. All of this prepares you for senior expert and management roles within Aegon.
This is your future position, because you:
- Have a Master’s degree within econometrics, mathematics, physics or any other quantitative field.
- Feel energised by analysing, improving and developing models and processes.
- Have gained a maximum of 3 years of work experience.
- Have acquired knowledge of programming (preferably in R).
- Are a positive and pro-active team player who can clearly communicate complex models and results to a broad audience.
- Are looking for a challenging and responsible job within the actuarial domain with lots of variety and room for own initiatives.
- You live in The Netherlands and have a work permit.
Who will be your new colleagues?
You are part of Aegon’s Methodology team (formerly part of the ALM & Methodology team of the Division Finance Netherlands (FN)) within the Division Risk and Compliance Netherlands. The Methodology team provides independent and objective methodology development and assumption setting. The team is among others responsible for the methodology and the policies related to pricing, valuation and risk quantification of all liabilities and investment products on the balance sheet of Aegon Nederland. The team develops and creates methodology and valuation/pricing assumptions for actuarial risks (e.g. population mortality) and economic risks (e.g. spread risk, risk neutral ESG scenario sets).
In particular the team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Partial Internal Model of Aegon Nederland. In this capacity the team closely cooperates with various teams of the FN organization and is directly involved in the capital initiatives employed by Balance Sheet Management (former Capital Management). Much of the work is project-based, but also entails process responsibility.
Your team consists of a combination of highly motivated juniors and experienced specialists in the quantitative valuation and risk modelling field. Next to learning from these colleagues, there are also social events, such as drinks or team outings, throughout the year. In addition, you can become a member of Young Aegon for more social events and to get to know even more colleagues!
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € € 3.020 and € 5.029,37 gross;
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development ;
- A minimum of 27 holiday days;
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses;
- Discount on Aegon products;
- A good pension scheme.
Are you that person who will further improve our actuarial models? Then make sure you apply immediately! Do you have some more questions? Call our Campus Recruiter Emily van der Werff at +31683041623 or send an email to Emily.email@example.com. You can find more information about our application process on our website.