Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the insurance industry and gain more experience within M&A within a major stock listed company? Aegon is looking for a Sr. Associate within its Corporate Development (M&A) department.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The Corporate Development team is responsible for all M&A transactions within Aegon. The team consists of circa 10 M&A professionals with the objective to (i) advise the Aegon’s management and supervisory board on inorganic and strategic decisions; (ii) be the first “go to” contact across Aegon for M&A activity and related topics; and to (iii) bring complex transactions to a successful close. Additionally, the team proactively sources M&A deals and generates new ideas, together with regional and country units.
This is what you do as a Senior Associate VP Corporate Development Mergers & Acquistions:
As a Senior Associate VP Corporate Development Mergers & Acquistions you will manage a large part of the M&A processes for Aegon. You will maintain contact with internal and external stakeholders, including senior management and advisors, in order to deliver progress and quality of the deal and thereby contribute to value adding mergers, acquisitions and divestments for Aegon NV and its subsidiaries. Among other tasks, you will be responsible to:
- Gather information, research data on market developments, and identify opportunities for M&A by researching public news sources, industry reports and equity research and attending meetings with corporate financial advisors
- Contribute to and coordinate during the preliminary review of potential M&A targets by performing valuations of potential targets using financial models and methods
- Coordinate due diligence processes to ensure that all project team members and external counterparts are well informed. Study and analyze core issues and contribute to the discussion of possible bottlenecks regarding M&A targets
- In close cooperation with the project team, draft memos to inform the Country Unit Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board on the progress and results of M&A projects
You are a dedicated team player with above average analytical skills. You have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders including Country Unit management and advisors. You are curious and eager to learn.
Furthermore your profile should fulfill the following criteria:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 5-10 years of M&A experience, preferably within the EU or the UK
- High level of drive, results driven and “deal maker” mentality
- Experience in building financial models to help internal and external stakeholder evaluate opportunities
- Excellent people skills, in order to build strong relationships with sourcing parties and internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to negotiate financing structures and transaction documentation
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
What will you be getting?
- A competitive monthly salary; you will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- A healthy balance between working in and out of the office. And the possibility to work (temporarily) from abroad (in agreement with your manager)
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with guidance, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Are you enthusiastic about this vacancy and do you think that Aegon is a good fit for you? Then we invite you to apply. Do you have any questions first? Call +31 6 22 149 555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about our application process on our website.