Are you an ambitious tax professional and ready for a next step in your career? Then join our Group Tax team at the Aegon global head office! Aegon should be your next employer!
For this position, we are looking for a senior VAT (and Insurance Premium Tax) professional with proven experience in the financial services sector and with affinity for both tax technical analysis (e.g. in respect of insurance and asset management services) and tax compliance. In addition, you will work on international projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities. As a Senior VAT Counsel, you maintain contacts with external advisors and partners such as industry representation groups and the Dutch tax authorities. You will provide impact analysis of (new) tax laws and regulations.
As a Senior VAT Counsel you will be part of Aegon’s Global tax function in the Hague. Aegon’s Global Tax Policy and its Global Tax Report have been published on https://www.aegon.com/responsible-business/corporate-citizenship/responsible-tax/. You will be working in a team of 17 professionals that give advice to and work together with Aegon’s Dutch local business, perform an oversight role in respect of Aegon's non-Dutch units, and deal with/coordinate the global tax issues that Aegon faces. You will work with business, finance, treasury, legal, tax and tax accounting compliance colleagues around the world.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- VAT and IPT Business Consulting at own initiative or at request to relevant internal stakeholders
- Advise and work on projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities;
- Have regular meetings with finance and business to keep up to date with business developments and create tax awareness
- Prepare VAT returns on a quarterly basis and the pro-rata calculation annually;
- Assess and implement tax technology opportunities to continuously improve VAT processes
- Develop and maintain partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (e.g., tax authorities)
- Provide impact analysis of VAT developments and new regulations ;
As a Senior VAT Counsel you are a highly skilled tax professional. You like working together with people having different professional and cultural backgrounds. You act as a true partner towards the business and you are capable to be clear on content while maintaining good working relationships with your counterparts. Your analytical and communication skills are excellent. You are pragmatic, eager to learn and to contribute to the success of the Group Tax team. Tax technology and tax risk management skills are considered a plus.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Dutch tax law or fiscal economics.
- At least 6 years of experience in VAT (and IPT), both in the field of tax advisory and compliance.
- You have worked for large accounting firms, law firms, or in house at large international companies in the Financial Industry Sector .
- Solid understanding of business principles, allowing to assess impact of contemplated actions also beyond their tax effect.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Dutch is required.
What will you be getting?
- Compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.A healthy balance between working in and out of the office. And the possibility to work (temporarily) from abroad (in agreement with your manager)
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 28 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with guidance, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.