Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, hard-working, international, ambitious and agile environment? Are you an ambitious tax professional and ready for a next step in your career? Then join our Group Tax team at the Aegon global head office! Aegon should be your next employer!
For this position, we are looking for a senior VAT (and Insurance Premium Tax) professional with proven experience in the financial services sector and with affinity for both tax technical analysis (e.g. in respect of insurance and asset management services) and tax compliance. In addition, you will work on international projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities. As a Senior VAT Counsel, you maintain contacts with external advisors and partners such as industry representation groups and the Dutch tax authorities. You will provide impact analysis of (new) tax laws and regulations.
As a Senior VAT Counsel you will be part of Aegon’s Global tax function in the Hague. Aegon’s Global Tax Policy and its Global Tax Report have been published on https://www.aegon.com/responsible-business/corporate-citizenship/responsible-tax/. You will be working in a team of 17 professionals that give advice to and work together with Aegon’s Dutch local business, perform an oversight role in respect of Aegon's non-Dutch units, and deal with/coordinate the global tax issues that Aegon faces. You will work with business, finance, treasury, legal, tax and tax accounting compliance colleagues around the world. .
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide VAT and IPT advice to the business at own initiative or at request to relevant internal stakeholders
- Advise and work on projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities;
- Have regular meetings with finance and business to keep up to date with business developments and create tax awareness
- Prepare VAT returns on a quarterly basis and the pro-rata calculation annually;
- Assess and implement tax technology opportunities to continuously improve VAT processes
- Develop and maintain partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (e.g., tax authorities)
- Provide impact analysis of VAT developments and new regulations ;
As a Senior VAT Counsel you are a highly skilled tax professional. You like working together with people having different professional and cultural backgrounds. You act as a true partner towards the business and you are capable to be clear on content while maintaining good working relationships with your counterparts. Your analytical and communication skills are excellent. You are pragmatic, eager to learn and to contribute to the success of the Group Tax team. Tax technology and tax risk management skills are considered a plus.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Dutch tax law or fiscal economics.
- At least 6 years of experience in VAT (and IPT), both in the field of tax advisory and compliance.
- You have worked for large accounting firms, law firms, or in house at large international companies in the Financial Industry Sector .
- Solid understanding of business principles, allowing to assess impact of contemplated actions also beyond their tax effect.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Dutch is required.
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and different job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global financial institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Max Krajenbrink, Talent Acquisition Business Partner firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 19 32 01 90