FunctieAre you our keen to work in a dynamic finance and international environment? Then join our group Financial & Capital Strategies team at the Aegon Global Head Office.
As a Strategic Financial Analyst, you create a deeper understanding and analysis of the performance of Aegon operations in a comprehensive and objective manner by preparing (ad-hoc) analytical reports that support the Management Board to understand the key drivers of (local) business results as well as to understand key risks underlying local business plans, M&A transactions through scenario analysis, forward looking analysis and using/maintaining analytical models.
As a Strategic Financial Analyst, you provide the Management Board with a deeper understanding of historical performance and how it trends into the Budget/MTP projected performance. Also, you will on M&A transactions and be able to assess impact of transactions on the Group.
The main purpose of Strategic Financial Analysis team is to support the Executive & Management Board in gaining a better understanding of the financial performance of the Group by analyzing and challenging the performance of Aegon’s businesses. This is done by conducting thorough analysis on historic performance and future performance, assess impact of M&A transactions, scenario analysis, forward looking analysis on capital generation, lead and prepare B/MTP challenge sessions, peer analysis/benchmarks of our business units. The analysis conducted by the Strategic Financial Analysis team should create a deeper understanding with the Executive & Management Board of key drivers of (local) business results as well as key risks underlying local business plans.
ProfielAs a Strategic Financial Analyst, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You are able to undertake complex and complex financial research and perform this research independently. Also, you are
able to interpret results and provide alternatives for further consideration based on the research.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Seasoned professional with strong and proven analytical skills
- Experienced specialist in a professional area
- Academic and proactive working and thinking level with at least 1-4 years of relevant working experience, with experience in assessing and analyzing business performance, challenging business strategies, and financial modelling, ability to present and interpret the results of the assessment, ability to conduct complex financial research autonomously.
- Good communication skills: providing information, listening, and most importantly, convincing
AanbodAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
• A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
• A good work/life balance including a minimum of 26 vacation days
• A commuting allowance
• An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products
Interesse?Are you interested in joining our Strategic Financial Analysis team at Corporate Center in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. We suggest to upload your resume and motivational letter as an attachment on the second page of our application form.
For more information about the application process, you can contact Suzanne van Calsteren, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com. You may also contact Adi Sorber, Head of Fin. & Cap. Strategies at +31 (70) 3448334