Aegon is one of the world's leading providers of life insurance, pensions and asset management. Today, Aegon ranks first in the Dutch group pensions market and is one of the largest insurance companies in the United States. Aegon also has strong market positions in individual and group pensions in the UK. Over 24,000 Aegon employees help millions of customers take responsibility for their financial future. Aegon manages more than € 800 billion of their own and their customers' investments.
Aegon is headquartered in The Hague, and also has tax functions in the US, UK, Hong Kong, Spain, and the CEE.
Within Aegon Group there are employees of more than 30 different cultures. There is an informal, transparent and non-hierarchal atmosphere. All Corporate Center employees are professionals in their respective functional areas with high levels of educational credentials.
At the Corporate head office based in The Hague the position of Tax Controller has become vacant. He/she reports to the Head of Tax Compliance & Reporting and is part of Group Tax that consists of 20 people. Group Tax gives advice to and works together with Aegon’s Dutch local business, performs an oversight role in respect of Aegon’s non-Dutch units, and deals with the global tax issues that Aegon faces.
The Tax Controller’s Tasks And Responsibilities Will Be
The Tax Controller is responsible for the timely filing of correct and complete tax returns and tax reporting on a quarterly and annual basis ensuring Aegon is compliant with IFRS (IAS 12) / Solvency (SII) disclosures.
- Prepare and review the tax returns of Aegon ensuring timely filing of correct and complete tax returns with the Dutch Tax Authorities.;
- Prepare and review IFRS (IAS 12) and Solvency (SII) tax reporting and prepare disclosures for the consolidated annual accounts of Aegon NV including the preparation of Sox documentation;
- Perform a review of the IFRS/SII tax reports of foreign country units;
- Prepare input for communications with Dutch Tax Authorities and internal stakeholders;
- Support of the Group Tax team with various questions, analysis and calculations of scenario’s and detailed information requests;
- Liaise with the IFRS / SII specialists and other finance colleagues to understand the implications of tax accounting changes as well as specific transactions. Prepare tax paragraphs for (IFRS/SII) position papers;
- Identify and suggest improvements for the (work)processes for the tax returns and the IFRS/SII tax reporting process;
- Deliver support and education for Associates Tax Compliance & Reporting;
- Liaise with the external auditor on tax accounting related items.
As a Tax Controller, you are a highly analytical yet pragmatic tax expert and good in communication. You are eager, dedicated and have a can do mentality - the ability to work as part of a team and 'roll up his/her sleeves' when required in order to get the job done.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor and/or university working and thinking level with more than 6 years of experience with corporate income tax compliance and relevant experience with IFRS tax reporting in a multinational or big four office
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good knowledge of IFRS tax accounting rules and Dutch tax law
- Fluency in Dutch and English
What we offer
Based at Aegon’s global head office in The Hague, the Netherlands, this role comes with a highly competitive salary and a desirable range of benefits. Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer a wide variety of development opportunities to support you to grow both professionally and personally, including international assignment possibilities.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Anne van Busselen, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com or +31 (0)6 23 79 27 26.