Want to work in an inspiring and agile environment where you can make a career in investment management? Want to work at of the largest Dutch asset management organisations? Aegon Asset Management should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The Lead Financial Reporting and Accounting will coordinate the Financial Reporting and Accounting team, an international and diverse team. The Financial Reporting and Accounting team delivers financial reporting and accounting support to General Account, Insurance Linked and Third-party Clients of Aegon Asset Management as well as Supervisory Authorities.
We are seeking a Lead who aspires a career within asset or investment management. You bring profound financial experience and expertise and you are willing to further grow and develop yourself and the team in becoming top investment professionals. This role offers you exposure to our Aegon Group Clients, external fund administrator, external auditor and Industry regulators, as well as working with multiple internal departments.
Other key responsibilities:
- Coach, develop, challenge and support the Financial Reporting and Accounting team members on both interpersonal and technical skills
- Represent the Financial Reporting and Accounting team towards its stakeholders and enable the team to perform their tasks
- Contribute to the accurate and timely production of internal and external reporting
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders; to increase awareness of the team and its processes, plus maintain and develop working relationships
- Continuously identify and implement process improvements
- Participate in various internal projects / change initiatives
- Support (line) management as sparring partner
You are ready for a next challenge to continue your career within Investment management. You have experience as team manager and as accountant, controller or reporting specialist within asset management at a financial institution or as auditor at a Big 4 audit firm. You have a RA or RC qualification or comparable.
You understand the complexity of the various financial instruments and derivatives.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting, being a Chartered Accountant (RA) or Controller (RC)
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP
- Experience in working in an international, multinational environment
- Knowledge of Simcorp Dimension and/or Oracle would be an advantage
- A solid personality with excellent communication skills in English and proficient in Dutch (both written and oral)
- Good sense of humor
- Social Skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with others at all levels within the organization
- Results driven
- Customer, team, process and result oriented
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude
- Comes pro-actively with improvements
- Hands-on and able to operate under time pressure, taking deadlines into account
- Helicopter View
- Having an overview of a situation without going into too much detail
What will you be getting?
- Compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.A healthy balance between working in and out of the office. And the possibility to work (temporarily) from abroad (in agreement with your manager)
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 28 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with guidance, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Are you enthusiastic about this vacancy and do you think that Aegon is a good fit for you? Then we invite you to apply. Do you have any questions first? Send an email to email@example.com.
You can find more information about our application process on our website.