Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, hard-working, international, ambitious and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be involved with the strategic HR agenda? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon’s Human Resources department in the Netherlands is responsible for fulfilling the HR Strategy, which supports Aegon NL & CC in successful execution of the business strategies. Through building and maintaining strong HR practices and ensuring that throughout Aegon we have the talent we need, and that our employees are able and committed to perform to their best to serve our customers and other stakeholders.
There are four main areas within HR: HR Business Partnering, Talent & Organizational Development, HR Services and Compensation and Benefits. The HR Consultant reports directly to the Director Talent & Organizational Development.
Purpose of the job
Being end-to end responsible for HR processes in the Talent & Organizational Development area the goal is to ensure that processes like talent management, performance management and engagement run smoothly in the NL region.
The HR Consultant plays an important role in the successful execution of the HR Strategy. As HR Consultant you have good experience with Talent & Organization related topics; as a result, you know the importance of diligent process management to drive talent and organization efforts, initiatives, and processes throughout the organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Is end-to-end responsible for the successful and timely execution and improvement of talent & organization related processes & policies, within the domains of talent management, engagement and perform & develop.
- Works closely with the Talent & Organization team to develop content / initiatives that make the talent & organization processes relevant and fit-for-purpose.
- Leads multidisciplinary projects and program teams to deliver the goal at hand.
- Keeps abreast of the latest trends and advancements in the human resources field.
- Takes upon the role of the change agent and implementation agent: planning the right changes in consultation with relevant stakeholders, i.e. senior leaders to ensure successful execution and embedding against agreed deadlines.
- Develops, revises, and implements HR policies, processes and knowledge.
- Ensures HR-processes are aligned with policies and with frameworks from Group HR.
- Prepares and maintains reports in the field of Talent & Organization.
- Takes ownership for the intake of business needs, requirements and planning.
- Defines the roadmap for specific HR-topics and aligns for the quarterly PI planning.
This is a role requiring a high degree of operational effectiveness, diplomacy, discretion and relationship management skills. The function is to support the overall HR business. At the same time, the incumbent needs to know in what manner and at what times challenge is valued, welcome and appropriate.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master's degree in HR, Business, Psychology or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- 8 – 10 years’ experience of which minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR
- Strong experience in process- and project management and Agile way of working
- Experience with fact based and data driven way of working
- Problem-solvers mindset
- Good change management skills
- Solid knowledge of employee experience
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular PowerPoint & Excel
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and consulting skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience in an (international) corporate environment, preferably consultancy
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global financial institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Head of Talent Acquisition at Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.