Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, hard-working, international, ambitious and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be involved with the strategic HR agenda? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon’s Human Resources department in the Netherlands is responsible for fulfilling the HR Strategy, which supports Aegon NL & CC in successful execution of the business strategies. Through building and maintaining strong HR practices and ensuring that throughout Aegon we have the talent we need, and that our employees are able and committed to perform to their best to serve our customers and other stakeholders.
There are four main areas within HR: HR Business Partnering, Talent & Organizational Development, HR Services and Compensation and Benefits. The HR Consultant reports directly to the Director Talent & Organizational Development.
Purpose of the job
Being end-to end responsible for HR processes in the Talent & Organizational Development area the goal is to ensure that processes like talent management, performance management and engagement run smoothly in the NL region.
The HR Consultant plays an important role in the successful execution of the HR Strategy. As HR Consultant you have good experience with Talent & Organization related topics; as a result, you know the importance of diligent process management to drive talent and organization efforts, initiatives, and processes throughout the organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Is end-to-end responsible for the successful and timely execution and improvement of talent & organization related processes & policies, within the domains of talent management, engagement and perform & develop.
- Works closely with the Talent & Organization team to develop content / initiatives that make the talent & organization processes relevant and fit-for-purpose.
- Leads multidisciplinary projects and program teams to deliver the goal at hand.
- Keeps abreast of the latest trends and advancements in the human resources field.
- Takes upon the role of the change agent and implementation agent: planning the right changes in consultation with relevant stakeholders, i.e. senior leaders to ensure successful execution and embedding against agreed deadlines.
- Develops, revises, and implements HR policies, processes and knowledge.
- Ensures HR-processes are aligned with policies and with frameworks from Group HR.
- Prepares and maintains reports in the field of Talent & Organization.
- Takes ownership for the intake of business needs, requirements and planning.
- Defines the roadmap for specific HR-topics and aligns for the quarterly PI planning.
This is a role requiring a high degree of operational effectiveness, diplomacy, discretion and relationship management skills. The function is to support the overall HR business. At the same time, the incumbent needs to know in what manner and at what times challenge is valued, welcome and appropriate.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master's degree in HR, Business, Psychology or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- 8 – 10 years’ experience of which minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR
- Strong experience in process- and project management and Agile way of working
- Experience with fact based and data driven way of working
- Problem-solvers mindset
- Good change management skills
- Solid knowledge of employee experience
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular PowerPoint & Excel
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and consulting skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience in an (international) corporate environment, preferably consultancy
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with guidance, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Terms and conditions of employment
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and different job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Are you enthusiastic about this vacancy and do you think that Aegon is a good fit for you? Then we invite you to apply. Do you have any questions first? Contact Dave Heilbron (Head of Talent Acquisition) +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97 or send an email to email@example.com . You can find more information about our application process on our website.