IT Application Manager with development skills for Markit EDM application
We are looking for an IT Application Manager with mid-level developer skills for our Markit EDM application. The role requires a technical/ETL background and a strong appreciation of testing and MS SQL. In this role you provide functional support to end-users and you support the Agile team with the set-up of testing environments and test execution. You coordinate and operate IT processes and procedures to support the day-to-day operation of the (asset management) business. You coordinate and provide functional assistance, support & guidance to users, as an acknowledged expert in EDM.
Next to this your key responsibilities are:
- Assist with implementation of system configuration changes meeting business demands, aligning with our IT strategy and policies
- Communicate effectively on technical subjects and manage the relationships with internal teams
- Coordinate, resolve and respond to incidents, service requests, small changes and user queries
- Investigate and resolve, complex problems systematically and structurally
- Ensure process and technical documentation is maintained to corporate standards.
- Maintain and co-ordinate refreshes of non-production environments
- Support automated regression testing processes to help assure the quality of application releases.
- Coordinate minor and major system releases with the business, other areas of IT and external suppliers to ensure delivery of stable and reliable systems to the business.
- Liaise with 3rd Party suppliers of applications to coordinate system changes and resolve problems, managing relationships both ad-hoc, and during regular service reviews.
This is the ideal next career step if you:
- Show collaborative leadership;
- Have a pro-active attitude and easily take initiative and ownership;
- Seek for continuous improvement;
- Are team orientated;
- Are a genuine problem solver, with a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to all work undertaken.
About the team
The EDM DevOps team is part of the Agile Release Train of Aegon Asset Management. The team you will join is a very divers team which consists of 12 team members who are located in the Hague but also in the UK and India. The Release Train is leading in the way we organise our work.
What do we ask of you?
- You are educated, at least at a bachelor level (HBO);
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ of relevant experience in an IT environment;
- You have experience in an IT support function and in managing issues with 3rd Party suppliers;
- Hands-on experience in managing customer relationships;
- Fluent in English, where Dutch is a benefit;
- Experience with working in an Agile environment;
- Knowledge of Markit EDM is advantageous (and you must at least be willing to learn Markit EDM)
- Strong technical experience, SQL is a must and ETL is advantageous;
- Proven test experience.
What we offer
Aegon Asset Management aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry.
As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities to support you to grow both professionally and personally, including international assignment possibilities. Moreover we offer:
- A highly competitive gross salary and a desirable range of benefits;
- A flexbudget up to 16,7% of your salary;
- Independent working with good coaching and mentoring;
- We invest time and budget in your development;
- Good work-life balance;
- A matching commuting allowance;
- A solid retirement arrangement and discount on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our EDM team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Tim Blok, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com or at +31 (0)6 12 36 01 06.