Promoting security awareness and best practices within the DevOps community is what you are all about!
The job in a nutshell
As a Cloud Security Engineer within the Cloud Competence Centre you will be working on increasing Security Awareness within the DevOps community using Amazon Web Services (AWS) within Aegon Netherlands. The Cloud Competence Centre provides consultancy to Application Development Teams (DevOps) on how to use AWS in the most efficient and effective way. Your responsibilities will include defining the security skills required by DevOps teams using the DASA DevOps Competence Model.
You are familiar with all 5 pillars in the AWS Well-Architected Framework but you spike in the security pillar. You know how to apply all six design principles for security in the cloud. You will be asked to evaluate AWS Solutions owned by the Cloud Competence Centre as well as by DevOps teams according to these design principles.
It is also your job to recognize impediments which teams within Aegon Netherlands experience when securing their infrastructure and applications on AWS. You analyse these and together with your colleagues within the Cloud Competence Centre and when necessary other teams, you propose solutions to these problems.
You enjoy representing your team during demos. That means you’re able to explain solutions to security challenges to a broad IT audience. Promoting security best practices is something you feel very strongly about. You are seen as an enabler instead of ‘the department of no’. You work closely with the Information Security function within Aegon.
The Cloud Competence Centre provides DevOps teams with reference designs based on best practices and develops these using Agile methodologies. With your team you define and prioritize features (blueprints, reference designs, templates) that will be released in the next quarter. You work on refining user stories so that they can be reliably executed during a sprint. You make sure that security aspects are well-represented in our ‘Definition of Done’.
This is your future position, because you:
- Have a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or a related field
- Can demonstrate more than 5 years of experience as a DevOps or Platform Engineer or as an Information Security Professional
- Possess the AWS Security Specialty certification along with several AWS Associate and (preferably) Professional Certifications
- Have earned one or more InfoSec certifications (for instance CISSP)
- Have worked with AWS in large, corporate environments for at least 3 years
- Have gained experience in Financial Services or another highly regulated industry
- Understand Public Cloud technology and its security aspects in depth
- Have been exposed to DevOps / Agile transformations including the impact it has on the Information Security function
- Love working with application development teams and understand that the road to perfection sometimes consists of small increments
- Have a good working knowledge of networking, network security and network services: topics such as Virtual Private Cloud, Routing, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoints, AWS Transit Gateway, Web Application Firewalls and Load Balancers don’t intimidate you.
- Know your way around Operating Systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux and MS Windows) and are able to determine hardening requirements
- Have worked with DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps and JFrog Artifactory before and have a good understanding of the components in DevOps pipelines that promote (applkication and infrastructure) security
- Want to become a valued team member in a team of seasoned AWS specialists allowing you to develop your skills to the next level
- Have the ambition to become an Enterprise or Cloud Architect in the near future
Who will be your new colleagues?
The ESS Cloud & Support department is desperate for you to join. Together we’ll make sure we enable teams within Aegon Netherlands by providing an integrated IT4IT platform allowing them to focus on delivering business value. The AWS platform you will be working on is a key part of this proposition.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € 70.000 and € 85.000
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme
Are you that person who make DevOps teams in Aegon NL successful on AWS? Then make sure you apply immediately! Do you have some more questions? Call Tim Blok via +31612360106 or send an email to email@example.com. You can find more information about our application process on our website. #LI-TB1