“Enabling DevOps teams to become successful on AWS is what you are all about!”
The job in a nutshell
As a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer within the Cloud Competence Centre you will be working on increasing the adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) within Aegon Netherlands. The Cloud Competence Centre provides consultancy to Application Development Teams (DevOps) on how to use AWS in the most efficient and effective way. You know every pillar in the AWS Well-Architected Framework and know how to apply it to existing and proposed designs.
It is also your job to recognize impediments which teams experience when adopting AWS in Aegon Netherlands. You analyse these and together with your colleagues within the Cloud Competence Centre and when necessary other teams, you propose solutions to these problems.
You love representing your team during demos. That means you’re able to explain solutions to technical challenges to a broad IT audience. You possess the skills to create reference designs by way of code (Infrastructure as Code) and document these allowing others to adopt these or iterate on them. Promoting best practices is something you feel very strongly about.
The Cloud Competence Centre works according to Agile methodologies. With your team you define and prioritize features (blueprints, reference designs, templates) that will be released in the next quarter. You work on refining user stories so that they can be reliably executed during a sprint. You also liaise with colleagues in similar functions to ensure consistency in our Service Catalogue.
This is your future position, because you:
- have a Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- can demonstrate more than 5 years of experience as a DevOps or Platform Engineer
- possess multiple AWS Associate, Professional and preferably Specialty Certifications
- have worked with AWS in large, corporate environments for at least 3 years
- have gained experience in Financial Services or another highly regulated industry
- understand Public Cloud technology in depth but also oversee the broader IT4IT landscape
- love working with application developers and are also able to write code yourself (CDK, Cloudformation, Python, Typescript)
- have a good working knowledge of networking, network security and network services: topics such as Virtual Private Cloud, Routing, VPC Peering, VPC Endpoints, AWS Transit Gateway, Web Application Firewalls and Load Balancers don’t intimidate you.
- know your way around Operating Systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux and MS Windows) to the extent that you are able to deliver a CIS-hardened OS image
- are fluent in DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps and JFrog Artifactory
- want to become a valued team member in a team of seasoned AWS specialists allowing you to develop your skills to the next level
- have the ambition to become an Enterprise or Cloud Architect in the near future
Who will be your new colleagues?
The ESS Cloud & Support department is desperate for you to join. Together we’ll make sure we enable teams within Aegon Netherlands by providing an integrated IT4IT platform allowing them to focus on delivering business value. The AWS platform you will be working on is a key part of this proposition.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € 4450 and € 7416 per month.
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development.
- A minimum of 27 holiday days.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses.
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products.
- An excellent pension scheme.
Are you that person who make DevOps teams in Aegon NL successful on AWS? Then make sure you apply immediately! You will hear back from us very soon. Can’t wait that long, or do you have some more questions? Call Tim Blok at 06-12360106 or send an email to email@example.com. You can find more information about our application process on our website. #LI-TB1