FunctieIFRS 17 was issued in May 2017, with an implementation date of January 1st, 2021. Regardless of the outcome of the EU-endorsement process, Aegon will need to publish SEC filings based on IFRS 17 from 2021 onwards. IFRS 17 fundamentally changes the external reporting of insurance companies, and Aegon expects to need the full period under 2021 to implement the new requirements. In order to be able to meet the deadline Aegon has set up a program to deliver IFRS 17. The program is coordinated from Group level and set up in a way that both at Group and Local level the same program structure is followed. IFRS 17 program falls under the responsibility of the Head Global Finance Transformation.
The architecture for IFRS17 is an integral part of the Aegon group Finance & Risk (F&R) architecture, which is developed and maintained by the global F&R architecture committee (FRAC). The mission of this team is to deliver an integrated future state architecture for finance & risk. The IFRS 17 requirements are expected to have a huge impact on the F&R architecture. Therefore the solution architect for IFRS17 will form part of this team and work on behalf of it for the IFRS17 project.
- Support business architect with gathering business requirements and creating a global IFRS17 Project Start Architecture (PSA)
- Update global / locally aligned to-be architecture based on business requirements IFRS 17
- Globally co-ordinate touch points with local architecture-function and solution design processes
- Support business architect with gathering business requirements and creating a global PSA:
- Support the business architect with gathering business requirements and
- Help translate these business requirements into global and locally aligned architectural requirements
- Support the business architect in creating the Group and CC PSA (Project Start Architecture)
- Participate in the FRAC to update to-be architecture based on business requirements IFRS 17:
- Determine the to- be business, application, technology and data architecture on Group and CC level based on the architectural requirements;
- Translate the Global Finance Strategy and Finance & Risk business objectives into a global IFRS 17 Business and IT architecture in order tomakes sure that all Finance & Risk initiatives are coherent and mutually strengthening
- Co-ordinate touch points with local architectures:
- Co-ordinate the creations of the to-be architectures at the countries
- Ensure alignment between the countries and Group/CC where the output of the local architecture has to fit with the input of the CC architecture
- Academic working and thinking level
- Deep knowledge of global Finance challenges for an insurance company
- Expertise in Finance technology relevant from an IFRS point of view (i.e. CMS)
- Expertise in actuarial and financial reporting as Solvency II, Embedded Value or IFRS
- Familiar with Finance systems and processes (within Aegon would be a plus)
- Knowledge of transformation projects impacting several stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Agile delivery framework
- Ability to lead a global IFRS17 architecture-design process – under guidance of the global solution design lead and in close cooperation with the global IFRS 17 IT PM
- Understanding of cloud technology – experience with AWS / Azure solution designs
- Ability to understand the existing IT solutions implemented and to challenge proposed solutions;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to work on an international project
- Good communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
AanbodAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A gross monthly salary of € 5045 - €8409 based on 40 hours a week.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.