Aegon Asset Management (Aegon AM) is a leading global investor. Our 390 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US $432 billion for a global client base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our firm around four investment platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities and multi-asset & solutions, which includes a fiduciary and multi-manager business. Each investment platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 15 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia. We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
Position Overview: The Manager of Architecture works closely with the Global CTO to set the strategic technology direction for AAM, manage the AAM architecture team to meet division deliverables, and progress the development of architecture processes and controls. This role supports the CTO in all interactions with Aegon Group IT including engagement with Group Enterprise Architecture and helps manage the AAM Innovation process.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the AAM Architecture and business strategy and work with the CTO to set the overall technology direction for AAM. To help define the direction, create and maintain high level roadmaps for all business areas, also advise on technical options, risks, cost-benefits and impacts on business processes and IT systems.
- Support the CTO in all interactions with Aegon Group IT including engagement with Group Enterprise Architecture, and Group projects and initiatives.
- Drive the ongoing improvement of the enterprise architecture and its supporting artefacts, and to ensure adherence to the supporting governance and controls. Provide monthly progress and controls reports to the CTO.
- Provide support to the AAM Innovation network to further the adoption of new technology in AAM.
- Participate in the mobilisation of high-level projects or initiatives to close the gaps between the current and future-state architectures, including road maps and proposed change projects (including the IT strategic roadmap).
- Work within IT and business-facing projects, staying informed on their progress, liaising and collaborating with key business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to ensure that Architecture requirements, principles, models and recommendations are adhered to when implementing change (and migrating towards the desired future state).
- Support communication with and between stakeholders to inform and educate on Architecture activities, and the benefits that they will realise.
- Keep abreast of updates to technology and business solutions. Understand the role of new solutions relative to the underlying business and IT strategy. Contribute to the selection of new technical or business solutions.
- Responsible for compliance with the regulatory and legislative regime as it impacts the role and for ensuring that risks are identified, reported and managed accordingly.
- Ensure all AAM Group companies consistently apply the principles of IT Internal Control Framework (ITCF), demonstrating with words and actions that the client perspective is always considered in decision making.
- Mentoring, supporting and educating colleagues and peers as and when required.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree/ Masters in BA or equivalent
- Extensive experience in the application of architecture, enterprise roadmaps, analytics, cloud, IT strategies, innovation, SAFE, TOGAF and data integration concepts and methodologies
- Experience delivering large-scale data projects in collaboration with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Experience managing a diverse team of direct reports and leading cross-functional teams
- Strong background in architecture and strategy
- Strong background executing DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery within a large scale data delivery environment
- Experience in vendor management including product/service evaluation, contract negotiation, and on-going relationship management
- Familiarity with data science techniques and frameworks
- Skilled in detailed-oriented delivery management; results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- Communication skills to deliver relevant and effective technical and non-technical information to the Board, executives, and employees
- Leadership capability to influence all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills and creative thinker to synthesize ambiguous and complex information in a way that leads to substantive actionable outcomes
- Proficiency driving change, questioning assumptions and pushing for innovative solutions
- Ability to work in a complex, highly matrixed environment, and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues.
- Experience in an Asset Management or Banking institution highly preferred
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Experience with data analysis and using data visualization tools to describe data
- Understanding of big data and real time streaming analytics processing architecture and ecosystems
- Experience with cloud data-lake architecture and implementation, including hands on experience with source to target mappings and developing ETL code
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.